Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Director, Marketing - Sam's Club
- Location DALLAS, TX
- Career Area Marketing and Customer Insights
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD491794
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Do you have a passion for storytelling?
Does the idea of striving for excellence at an unprecedented scale seem exhilarating?
Do you seek out opportunities to push boundaries and think outside the box?
Do you enjoy innovating and challenging others to see past what’s been done before, in order to explore the full possibilities of what can be done?
Then you’re in the right spot…
The Director, Brand Marketing will be an imperative role for the continued evolution of the Sam’s Club brand. They will not only bring the brand to life through highly visible brand marketing campaigns, but they will also be responsible for our brand strategy and supporting marketing plan that delivers on our brand promise.
This role will require someone who is creative, passionate and innovative, to push the brand to new heights by creating bold and exciting content worthy of driving talkability. Pushing boundaries requires internal trust and alignment, therefore the ability to clearly communicate the brand vision, develop a clear strategy and influence key stakeholders will be essential.
Digital and social-first is our mentality, and we will ask this role to partner closely with our Director, Social Media and Director, Brand Media to develop new and creative approaches to drive reach and awareness of our brand with our desired audience.
Join us as we take the Sam’s Club brand to the next level and continue building a brand that’s loved!
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Drive the overall brand marketing strategy for Sam’s Club and continue to evolve the brand vision and create new ways to push boundaries and drive brand advocacy.
- Lead the development of member and prospect-facing brand campaigns by partnering with internal and external teams, encouraging new ideas and innovative approaches that deliver on the brand promise.
- Create a culture that champions and drives innovation, creative ideas and fresh strategies. Lead alignment with key stakeholders and help others throughout multiple levels of the organization to understand and embrace the vision; converting the vision into understandable action plans.
- Develop the extended brand strategy and marketing plan to support key focuses for the brand, including our private label brand strategy, member value proposition, multicultural marketing strategy and associate value proposition strategy.
- Identify culturally relevant opportunities for the brand to have a voice by analyzing and interpreting key member and culture insights and developing strategic initiatives based on the data; tracking program performance and results on an ongoing basis; and approving and prioritizing plans based on evaluation of performance.
- Serve as the primary ambassador of the Sam’s Club brand across the organization. Ensuring every associate understands the purpose and strategy of the brand and how each department can continue to deliver on the brand promise for our members.
- Develop and implement strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged team by diagnosing capability gaps; recruiting, selecting, and developing talent; supporting mentorship, workforce development, and succession planning; and leveraging the capabilities of new and existing talent.
- Cultivate an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics by integrating these values into all programs and practices.
- 8-10 years’ Marketing experience with 5-7 in digital marketing and 3-5 years in social media marketing
- Minimum 3 years-experience managing a high-performing team.
- Minimum 2 years managing agency of record.
- Experience working on a big brand, including strategy, campaign development and execution.
- Experience working in a complex organization.
- Strong communicator and storyteller through all formats including presentation, written and verbal.
- Strong influencer and collaborator, with proven experience in working across complex organizations and levels to bring big projects to life
- Highly flexible and adaptable to an everchanging and evolving environment
- Ability to problem solve and create unique solutions for complex challenges
- Strong leader with experience managing brand managers, maintaining relentlessly high quality and standards.
- Comfortable with analytical and financial modeling, ability to work with large/complex data sources, and deep understanding of how to link strategy to implementation and financial plans.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field and 5 years' experience in Marketing or related field OR 7 years' experience in Retail Marketing or related field. 3 years' of supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG), MarketingMasters: Business Administration
About Sam's Club
Sam's Club employs about 110,000 associates in the U.S. The average club is 134,000 square feet and offers bulk groceries and general merchandise. Most clubs also have specialty services, such as a pharmacy, an optical department, a photo center, or a tire and battery center.
Sam's Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Free Membership and discounts in fresh produce
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Education Assistance from Live Better U - earn your degree for just $1 a day
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid time off - to include vacation, sick leave and parental leave
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth