Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Director, Specialty Compliance And Ethics - Energy Compliance
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Legal, Compliance and Ethics
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD489402
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Want to help the largest retailer in the world with its energy supply business? The Director of Energy Compliance at Walmart is a critical thought-leadership role that requires experience with laws and regulations applicable to energy supply. As the primary compliance representative, you’ll partner with our business stakeholders to build the company’s compliance program. Reporting to the Senior Director II of Product Safety, Consumer Protection, and WIC/SNAP Compliance, you’ll be supported by a best-in-class compliance organization as you help shape the future of energy.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if:
· You’ve got three or more years’ experience providing legal or compliance guidance regarding the risks associated with the supply of energy with a regulatory agency, energy supplier, or law firm.
· You’ve got at least seven years of compliance and/or legal experience in total.
· You’ve got a law degree from an accredited law school and are a member of a state bar in good standing.
· You’ve got an ability to conduct risk assessments and to communicate effectively with business partners on regulatory and governance considerations.
· You’re a team player, a critical thinker, and have great judgment.
· You’re a strong communicator and can adapt in real time.
· You’re organized, disciplined, and can manage multiple projects simultaneously.
· You’re a master at making complex subjects easily understood.
· You have high standards and can hold project contributors accountable.
· You’re stimulated by challenges and are ready to engage at Fortune 1 scale.
You’ll make an impact by:
· Building strategic relationships – Work closely with the business to help them identify, assess, and mitigate risk.
· Designing and implementing – Develop and implement policies and procedures, controls, and training communications to embed compliance into key processes.
· Leveraging tools and data – Utilize data to assess program effectiveness, identify trends and potential issues, and respond timely to resolve issues.
· Operating with excellence – Set an example in managing to KPIs, delivering excellence, presenting at all levels, and developing yourself and others.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field and 5 years’ experience in compliance, ethics, legal, project management, or related area OR 7 years’ experience in compliance, ethics, legal, project management, or related area. 3 years’ supervisory experience. 4 years’ experience using intermediate functionality of Microsoft Office.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.CommunicationsMasters: Business AdministrationProject Management - Project Management Professional - Certification
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth