Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior Director, Realty Operations - Realty Program Management Lead, Sam's Club
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Real Estate, Construction and Store Planning
- Job Function Real Estate, Construction and Store Planning
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD479271
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
You'll be the head of Project Management for all of Sam's Club Real Estate. You will be in charge of planning and designing all physical modifications to our Clubs. You will work closely with the heads of Portfolio Management, Facilities Maintenance, and very closely with Field Execution. Our team is just over two years old so we are constantly changing and adapting to get better as we mature. We need somebody who can help us deliver projects right now, but will constantly look forward at how we can make things better.
- Develops and oversees an asset portfolio five-year plan and strategy for assigned geographic area by collaborating with key partners (for example, Operations, Finance, Project Management Office, Real Estate Strategy and Analytics, engineers, architects, Corporate Tax) to determine and evaluate strategic goals and objectives for asset management initiatives that drive efficiencies, close gaps, and improve processes (for example, large-scale system solutions and tools, process changes); interpreting financial analysis and industry trends and recognizing their impact on the business; anticipating short-term and long-term business needs; integrating departmental strategic plans with overall company strategy and initiatives to reduce overall expenses; assessing organizational readiness and gaps between current and future processes and needs; communicating portfolio strategy and building consensus among internal and external parties to achieve support for the strategy; utilizing partnerships
- Oversees the asset portfolio for asset deal initiations, transactions, and closings by overseeing financial reviews, due diligence reviews, and completing the reconciliation process for the portfolio; analyzing data (for example, demographics, consumer behavior trends, competition) and evaluating market segment, site selection opportunities, return on investment, and pipeline; determining which opportunities to integrate into the strategy and five-year plan; determining impact of portfolio decisions (for example, site selection, property management options, disposition) and providing direction on decisions; negotiating term agreements that maximize site plans and company strategy; influencing and gaining buy-in for necessary approvals for portfolio decisions (for example, conceptual site plans, building elevations, cost estimates, legal or business deal points, final decision from the Real Estate Executive Committee (REC)); ensuring required materials are prepared for closing (for exam
- Oversees compliance with laws and regulations for asset management programs by setting standards and remediation activities for the oversight of acceptable standards of performance for contractors; ensuring resolution of noncompliance; maintaining certifications; ensuring portfolio compliance with regulations (for example, Sarbanes-Oxley regulations, re-approval guidelines) and company policies and practices; enforcing regulatory standards in company programs (for example, Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) refrigerant handling compliance); and monitoring overall impact to the business.
- Oversees and delivers asset portfolio projects, including new and remodel construction, store setup, facilities management initiatives and activities, and special projects, by overseeing, designing, leading, and implementing key preventive and predictive asset management initiatives, programs, and projects designed to offset reactive spending and ensure financial results are met; overseeing the management of project budgets, risk, timeline, and sunk cost (for example, understanding the project risk, timing of delivery, expenses to date); ensuring activities support ongoing business needs (for example, snow removal, waste management); enforcing company and jurisdictional design standards and quality construction; approving plans for reactive project and program needs and overseeing the execution of these requests; overseeing third-party relationships (for example, facility management companies, general contractors, equipment manufacturers, environmental management; engineers, zoning att
- Oversees and executes budgets for asset portfolio, including construction, store set up, and facilities management budgets, by developing and gaining executive approval for the capital budget; applying established methods and techniques to the analysis of financial data; using knowledge of financial data, including history, strengths, and weaknesses, to evaluate potential resolution to situations; providing oversight and direction for contracts and development agreements on corporate initiatives; reviewing monthly and quarterly expense and budget reports and assessing spending against budget; addressing over budget issues; reviewing and approving budget requests, contractor payments, invoices, expense reports, and change orders; and collaborating with cross-functional leadership (for example, Field Operations, Compliance) to prioritize and implement capital improvement projects (for example, Sustainability, Water Drip Irrigation) and secure program resources. Provides overall direction by analyzing business objectives and customer needs; developing, communicating, building support for, and implementing business strategies, plans, and practices; analyzing costs and forecasts and incorporating them into business plans; determining and supporting resource requirements; evaluating operational processes; measuring outcomes to ensure desired results; identifying and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; promoting a customer environment; and demonstrating adaptability and sponsoring continuous learning. Develops and implements strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce by diagnosing capability gaps; recruiting, selecting, and developing talent; supporting mentorship, workforce development, and succession planning; and leveraging the capabilities of new and existing talent. Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics by integrating these values into all programs and practices; developing consequences for violations or non-compliance; and supporting the Open Door Policy. Develops and leverages internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals by sponsoring and leading key community outreach and involvement initiatives; engaging key stakeholders in the development, execution, and evaluation of appropriate business plans and initiatives; and supporting associate efforts in these areas.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate, Business, Finance, or related field and 4 years’ experience in commercial real estate development, operations, finance, banking, corporate retail, or related field OR 6 years’ experience in commercial real estate development, operations, finance, banking, corporate retail, or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Developing presentations, Financial Modeling and Analysis, Presenting information to groups, Real Estate, Supervising AssociatesDoctorate: Law, Masters: Business Administration
Primary Location...2101 SE SIMPLE SAVINGS DR, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712-4304, United States of America
About Sam's Club
Sam's Club employs about 110,000 associates in the U.S. The average club is 134,000 square feet and offers bulk groceries and general merchandise. Most clubs also have specialty services, such as a pharmacy, an optical department, a photo center, or a tire and battery center.
Sam's Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
"Something I enjoy about my job is knowing I can contribute to Realty’s ability to build, open and maintain our stores efficiently."
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Free Membership and discounts in fresh produce
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Education Assistance from Live Better U - earn your degree for just $1 a day
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid time off - to include vacation, sick leave and parental leave
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth