Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior Director, Human Resources Generalist (CA) - Human Resources - Walmart US Tech
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area Human Resources
- Job Function Human Resources
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD478685
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
About Walmart Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We’ll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
- You have a passion for developing the next generation of leaders, designing and re-engineering strategic People programs that are game changers
- You have the ability to be agile and to make sense of the rapidly increasing amount of data being generated by individuals and organizations
- You have strong business acumen and the ability to think systematically and holistically
- You have great listening skills, critical thinking skills, and solution-articulation skills
- You have knowledge of the Technology talent landscape and experience as a HR Business Partner supporting a sizable technology organization preferably within technology platforms, Infrastructures for the cloud and on-premises areas
- You have a minimum of 10 years of experience in a HR Business partner capacity; PHR or SPHR or GPHR certifications
You’ll make an impact by…
- Developing and lead the People strategy for the Walmart US Tech organization
- Setting the People vision, goals and expectations to accelerate the team for scale and dynamic growth
- Serving as the senior people partner for the SVP US Segment Technology
- Partnering with and advise senior leadership on people-related strategy, design and deliver targeted solutions for strategic planning, team visioning, organizational health, and change management based on data insights
- Leading strategic consulting of the Walmart US Tech organization in all areas of organizational support, including people strategy and business alignment, organization design, workforce planning, culture and change management, leadership development and coaching, pipeline development, and succession planning programming
- In partnership with Global Technology People leadership, defining and driving an agile talent strategy for the organization
- Working with senior level Walmart US Tech leadership to deeply understand the organization and proactively identify trends and recurring challenges across the enterprise for strategic solutioning
- Experience in high-growth technology organizations
- Business management background or commensurate experience
- Proven ability to influence senior leaders
- Experience supporting a distributed organization
- Ability to understand business goals and recommend new approaches to effect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity and development of talent
- Ability to lead multiple strategic efforts simultaneously and prioritize based on company and team objectives
- Ability to lead efficiently under pressure, drive projects to completion and meet deadlines.
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt quickly to shifting company or team goals
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field and 7 years' experience in human resources or related field OR 10 years' experience in human resources or related field. 6 years' of supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Human Resources - Global Professional HR (GPHR) CERTIFICATION - Certification, Human Resources - Professional HR (PHR) CERTIFICATION - Certification, Human Resources - Sr. Professional HR (SPHR) CERTIFICATION - Certification
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
"Walmart supports their associates. They really are like your second family away from home."
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth