Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Director, Controllership-Training & Communication
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Accounting and Finance
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD473431
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
- Lead the controllership training and development efforts including:
- Assess Controllership needs, design scalable controllership training solutions and roadmaps, ensure smooth delivery and continuously improve to adapt to the Controllership needs.
- Drive and supports quality training experience including finding innovative learning solutions and continuously scan the environment for new ways of learning.
- Support Governance of the future controllership curriculum and align learning resources to job profiles, competencies and learning needs.
- Facilitate prioritization and development of relevant and timely training to the Global Controllership and GSS.
- Support the training efforts of other groups/initiatives (e.g. Technical Accounting, Operational Topics, Internal Controls, Technology, etc.)
- Develop a training infrastructure with long-term solutions leveraging internal or external resources.
- Develop a controllership training catalog in multi-language environments if needed.
- Support change management efforts from a training perspective of any major controllership initiative.
- Leads the Controllership communication strategy – including the support/execution of:
- Global Controllership video-conferences
- Global Controllership Quarterly Communication
- Controllership Standard Communications
- Support to the rest of the Controllership in terms of communication (e.g. Technical Accounting, Controls, Markets, etc.) to enhance effectiveness of the communications fostering cohesiveness.
- Lead cross-functional team to support and maintain Controllership Sharepoint.
- Lead impact assessment on controllership changes and advise for effective change management including training and communication components.
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values and standards of ethics and integrity.
Additional Preferred Qualifications: CPA, PMP, or CIA. Experience: 8-10 years of experience. External audit or consulting background with strong leadership and influencing skills – including experience in training, learning and development, change management and transformation.
- Develop sound and respectful relationships with key stakeholders, teams and associates.
- Experience in facilitation skills and excellent relationship building skills.
- Proven experience managing global projects or programs.
- Good & adaptive communication skills.
- Leverage applicable best practices and innovative in instructional design.
- Vendor Management experience.
- Project management proficiency – able to develop workplans & timeline.
Behaviors We Are Looking For Include The Following
- Attention to detail
- Comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Emotionally intelligent
- Thought leader
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field and 5 years’ experience in finance, accounting, or related area OR 7 years’ experience in finance, accounting, or related area. 2 years’ supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Relational Database Management System (RDMS), Working on cross-functional teams or projectsMasters: Business AdministrationFinancial & Insurance - Certified Public Accountant - Certification
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth