Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Senior Manager II, Advanced Analytics
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Data Analytics and Business Intelligence
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD463658
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
As part of the newly-created Customer Defect Reduction organization, this role will help lead Walmart’s efforts in transforming how our customers shop and removing customer effort every step of the way. Building a strong understanding of customer behavior, attitudes, preferences, and experience allows the rest of the organization to delight and impress the millions of people stopping by our stores, browsing our sites, and interacting with our apps every minute of every day.
Our team has broad reach, high exposure, and deep impact. We work cross-functionally across many areas of the business (think: supply chain, product, marketing, comms, finance, customer care) and get a unique view of what it takes to run a highly-successful omni-channel retailer.
What You'll Do
- Understand customer behavior and uncover pain points
- Provide data driven insights and deliver recommendations that address opportunities for customer experience improvements
- Ensure accuracy of data, test experience/messaging variation, create compelling messages communicating results
- Create effective reporting and dashboards.
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Systems, or related field or related field
- 5 years of experience in product management, analytics, or related field
- Strong analytical skills – creative problem solver that can run analyses using sources of information from disparate sources and deliver comprehensive, balanced & actionable analysis
- Proficient SQL programming skills with an understanding of database capabilities and experience of integrating, structuring, and analyzing large amounts of data from diverse sources.
- Experience leveraging big data technologies (Hive/Hadoop) and modern data visualization tools (Tableau, ThoughtSpot, Looker) to blend data from multiple sources to help answer multi-dimensional business questions
- Expert in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Proven ability to effectively build and manage relationships, interact at all levels within the organization and across multiple functions
- Strong oral and written communication skills – including the ability to influence stakeholders, develop and deliver complex messages in a professional and direct manner
- Customer-centricity, passion, and curiosity: you are passionate about supporting an impactful organization with a strong focus on shopper experience
- Understanding of statistical analysis, and common pitfalls of data analysis; ability to think creatively.
- Experience leading/mentoring junior team members and raising the bar for analytics output
- Familiarity with no-SQL architectures, R, or Python
- Team player who is a self-starter and able to thrive in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Previous product analytics and eCommerce experience preferred
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Customer-centricity, passion, and curiosity: you are passionate about supporting an impactful organization with a strong focus on shopper experience
Understanding of statistical analysis, and common pitfalls of data analysis; ability to think creatively.
Experience leading/mentoring junior team members and raising the bar for analytics output
Familiarity with no-SQL architectures, R, or Python
Team player who is a self-starter and able to thrive in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
Previous product analytics and eCommerce experience preferred, Understand customer behavior and uncover pain points
Provide data driven insights and deliver recommendations that address opportunities for customer experience improvements
Ensure accuracy of data, test experience/messaging variation, create compelling messages communicating results
Create effective reporting and dashboards.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Certificate in business analytics, data mining, or statistical analysis, Statistical programming languages (for example, SAS, R)Masters: Business Administration, Masters: Information Systems, Masters: Statistics
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
"At Walmart, you have the support you need at any given moment no matter the circumstance."
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth