Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Operations Analyst 1 - Tech
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area Information Technology
- Job Function Information Technology
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD458417
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
The Operations Analyst 1 - Tech is responsible for supporting laptops, desktops, virtual machines, mobility devices and productivity software for associates and vendors located on the West Coast. This individual will work with members of other Tech Support/product/engineering teams in California, Bentonville and other locations.
Responsibilities to include but not limited to:
- Ability to support customers via remote assistance, phone, walkups, chat proficiently
- Proactively respond to incidents and technical service requests as they arise
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with laptops, desktops, virtual machines, VPN, mobility devices and productivity software such as Microsoft O365, Zoom, BeyondTrust (Bomgar)
- Diagnose hardware issues and replace faulty components
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to software and hardware compatibility
- Track requests, issues and solutions using ServiceNow
- Take ownership of tickets and communicate progress with customers in a timely manner
- Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support requests and incidents.
- Manage user and computer accounts using Microsoft Active Directory
- Identifies technical issues and opportunities for improvement and provides resolutions by using tools to research trends; analyzing data; and researching new technologies to improve tools used within the area.
- Provides customer service and addresses customer issues by addressing complex or unresolved issues escalated from Operations Analysts; and providing expert advice or identifying key contacts to resolve the issue.
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
- Additional job responsibilities assigned by manager
- Associate degree/Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience
- 5+ years in a technical support role
- 3+ years supporting Windows and macOS hardware and software
- Excellent communication and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and handle pressures well in a fast paced, team environment
- Excellent customer service
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with Networking HW, LAN and Wi-Fi, DNS troubleshooting
- Knowledge of Active Directory users and groups
- Jamf JSS knowledge or Jamf 200 and 300 (CCT and CCA) certifications is a PLUS
- Microsoft certification is a PLUS
- Experience with security tools like Symantec and McAfee
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor of Science OR 6 months operations analyst experience
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Business Analytics, Consumer Software Development, Contract Management, Customer Care, Information Technology, Market Research, Microsoft Office
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth