Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior Director I, Software Engineering (Store No8 | Assistant General Manager, Perpetual Inventory)
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Career Area Software Development and Engineering
- Job Function Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD458122
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
About Store No8
We are the incubation arm of Walmart. Store Nº8, formed in 2017 as part of Walmart’s larger innovation mission to shape the future of commerce. We pursue big ideas and take risks by stepping outside of Walmart’s core business to focus on leapfrog capabilities across conversational commerce, mixed reality, in-store digitization, and more. Our ultimate goal: fuel Walmart’s core business, create new operational efficiencies, and unlock amazing experiences for our customers in the long-term.
This team within Store Nº8 is helping us understand everything we can about our inventory, in real-time – both what it is and where it is so we are always in-stock and able to deliver on customer needs.
About the Role
As the Assistant General Manager for one of Store Nº8’s portfolio companies, you will report directly to the CEO (GM) and will lead a team of high-performing product and engineering associates. You’ll be responsible for providing strategic direction and thought leadership for products that will transform the future of retail shopping. As the primary spokesperson (both internally and externally) for your products, your communication skills and ability to influence will be critical to the success of your portfolio company.
This role requires a unique combination of deep and broad retail inventory knowledge, technical expertise in both hardware and software, operational and financial know-how, excellent communication skills, and strong leadership. Critical to Walmart’s broader business strategy, this role offers tremendous growth opportunity for the right individual.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
· You’re able to use metrics to improve performance
· You’re excited about solving complex challenges
· You’re successful igniting your communication skills to work collaboratively and sell big ideas
· You have a test and learn mentality and an agile way of working for process/project improvement
· You have experience with two or more of the following: retail, inventory, artificial intelligence, computer vision and/or camera hardware
· You’ve successfully founded, co-founded or worked in a broader leadership capacity within a technology incubator, hiring and growing a diverse team of product managers and engineers
· You’re able to quickly build trust amongst a wide variety of stakeholders both internal and external to Walmart
You’ll make an impact by:
· Developing and executing the strategic direction of the project including team growth, product development, scaling, technical decisions around hardware AI/CV and financial decisions surrounding our budget and the raising of new funds from Store No.8 when necessary
· Managing a team of 20+ product and engineering associates
· Managing Project relationships with internal Walmart teams, Store No.8 Investors/Board, external vendors
· Building and maintaining a culture of speed, innovation, collaboration, inclusivity, diversity, mentorship, and open feedback mentoring
· Evaluating the effectiveness of your products and initiatives to improve efficiency and cost-effectiveness with participating stakeholders
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 7 years’ experience in software engineering or related field OR 9 years’ experience in software engineering or related field
· 4 year’s supervisory experience
· Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 6 years’ experience in software engineering or related field
Perks and Benefits
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas, and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 7 years’ experience in software engineering or related field OR 9 years’ experience in software
engineering or related field.
4 years’ supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 6 years' experience in software engineering
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth