Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
2021 Campus Full Time: Manager, Marketing Planning and Strategy
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Marketing and Customer Insights
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD450487
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
- Understands and supports the development of Walmart's marketing strategy and brand objectives.
- Leverages available data (demographics, purchasing history/transaction records, surveys, social media data, site visit logs, product reviews, responses to advertisements) to develop customer insights (including multicultural considerations) and suggest ways to differentiate Walmart in the marketplace. Understands criteria for targeted items and relevance to Walmart's marketing strategy.
- Provides input into promotional planning and associated calendar.
Creative Brief Development:
- Assists with the development of creative briefs for a single marketing program.
- Recommends target audience, objectives, budget and timeline for director review.
- Suggests creative considerations (media, materials, tone).
- Prepares meeting materials for understanding of brief and socialization.
Media Strategy and Planning:
- Understands creative brief's messages and suggests media options that will extract the most value from the messages for own program/initiative.
- Collects performance metrics to understand effectiveness of marketing channels (e.g., how much revenue was generated via Pinterest compared with direct mail).
- Maintains awareness of AOP allocation to various marketing channels and makes the best possible spending choice for own program/initiative.
- Begins to develop relationships with key contacts at selected media channels.
Marketing Initiative Implementation and Management:
- Manages a single marketing program (including media plan, circular, internal and supplier campaigns, promotional events).
- Manages communications (e.g., email, mobile, direct mail, signing, circular, TV, radio and social media) to ensure a consistent customer experience and Walmart brand alignment.
- Works with internal/external agencies to ensure all creative output is in line with overall brand strategy and objectives.
- Ensures Walmart brand guidelines and standards (e.g., right colors, no coupons) are applied in a consistent way.
- Reviews campaign performance data (awareness, conversion, acquisition and retention) and calculates ROI of programs/initiatives.
Annual Operating Plan:
- Supports the development of the annual operating plan (AOP).
- Conducts analysis for specific programs and reviews research and customer data.
- Manages the execution of assigned projects within the AOP.
- Manages own program/initiative budget by tracking spending to budget and elevates budget concerns, as needed; understands and tracks performance KPIs, identifying and elevating issues and concerns when they arise.
- Reconciles irregularities within the budget.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams (e.g., Advertising, Digital Marketing, eCommerce Category Marketing, Creative, Operations, Category Management, Site Merchandising, Customer Service, Supply Chain, Analytics) to ensure consistent messaging and branding across all channels within own program/imitative.
- Collects and shares critical information (e.g., item info, merchant intent) with cross-functional teams.
- Coaches team members and provides feedback to enhance skills, knowledge and work performance.
- Maintains team motivation and engagement. Mentors less experienced associates.
- Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments by developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders; supporting plans and initiatives to meet customer and business needs; identifying and communicating goals and objectives; building accountability for and measuring progress in achieving results; identifying and addressing improvement opportunities; and demonstrating adaptability and promoting continuous learning.
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by hiring and training; mentoring; assigning duties; providing recognition; and ensuring diversity awareness.
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by implementing related action plans; utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy; and providing direction and guidance on applying these in executing business processes and practices.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or related field and 1 year's experience in marketing or related field OR 5 years'
experience in marketing or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Marketing or related fieldMasters: Business Administration
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth