Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior Manager I, Apparel Editorial - eComm
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Career Area Merchandising and Online Operations
- Job Function Merchandising and Online Operations
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD442517
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Want to help lead the way in redefining how we shop online? The Sr. Manager I Editorial for eCommerce Site Operations is a critical leader in shaping the creative vision and strategy for our customers’ site experience and will have ownership over one large department or multiple smaller departments. This person will work with the Product Development/Design/Merchandising teams on key seasonal storytelling messages and then, manage the editorial calendar and content strategy for their area of the business. Responsibilities also include creative briefing and asset planning, product curation & styling for photoshoots, content ideation for @walmartfashion and ownership of all editorial coop packages for their area of the business. This person will ultimately determine the editorial strategy for pulsing out their assets across multiple marketing touchpoints including site, email, social, catalog, in-store signage, television and UGC/affiliate integrations. You’ll drive impact through integrated messaging and visual storytelling to create an inspirational, seamless shopping experience to help drive brand perception, conversion and customer satisfaction for our eCommerce & store business.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if:
- You’re a natural storyteller and love telling stories that bring products to life, enabling consumers to reimagine merchandise beyond a single product page.
- You’re trend obsessed and have a strong aesthetic eye, and can combine competitive analyses, content, merchandise, and presentation to create a site experience that feels unique and inspirational.
- You understand how customers shop online and design shopping experiences that drive customer engagement, trust and purchases.
- You’re a visionary constantly looking for ways to set us apart from the competition, driving trend and visual presentation forward to create an inspirational shopping experience.
- You use both sides of the brain and can combine data, customer insights and creative intuition to optimize editorial content, deliver on business goals and create a best in class customer shopping experience.
- You have an incredible focus on operational excellence and getting the fundamentals right and can identify opportunities for efficiency and improvement.
- You build trust quickly and can lead by influence, creating impact through partnership as well as ownership.
- You believe in and prioritize the collective success of the team and are quick to jump in, help, mentor, and coach your fellow team members and direct reports.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Leading the content strategy for your division –You’ll drive the holistic content strategy for a specific division, using trends and customer insights to tell a cohesive story and create a seamless customer experience, overseeing the editorial calendar, trend forecasting, photography curation and creative planning.
- Telling a story across multiple marketing touchpoints – You’ll identify key stories and corresponding assets that can transcend across site, email, social, print, in-store, tv and throughout the affiliate space to drive maximum sales driving impact.
- Leveraging data to optimize the content strategy– You’ll leverage data, reporting and analytical insights to set goals, measure success and continually refine our content mix and strategy.
- Becoming an invaluable strategic partner to internal stakeholders – You’ll advise on and partner with various internal teams to improve processes, identify opportunities, and scale best practice and governance, driving continual assessment and improvement of content strategy direction and execution.
- Operating with excellence – You’ll land the fundamentals and create and help scale efficiency and best-in-class workflows, processes and timelines, embedding operational excellence into everything you do and developing associates on the team to increase capabilities and enhance skills, knowledge and performance.
- Building a high-performing team – You are a strong coach and mentor with a track record of building, driving and managing a high performing team.
- Bachelor degree in business or related field or equivalent experience in Business or related field
- 8+years related experience in Creative, Editorial, or Content Marketing or related field.
- Masters Degree in Business or related field
- 4+ years demonstrated experience managing a team
- 4+ years of experience in consumer-focused eCommerce environment
- Strong customer obsession focused on building the right site experience for our customer
- Creative and analytical – can comfortably leverage data to inform creative strategy.
- Ability to set clear team objectives and performance measures
- Ability to select and develop a team of future leaders
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a cross-functional team and willingness to take on responsibilities outside primary job description when necessary
- Assertive, adaptable and demonstrates initiative in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.• Option 1: Bachelor degree in business or related field.
• Option 2: 4 years’ experience in merchandising, site merchandising, or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Creative, editorial, or content marketing or related field
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
"We advocate for our customers, provide opportunity to our employees, and support efforts that better the lives of millions of people."
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth