Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Senior Manager I, Advertising Sales-Client Partner, Walmart Media Group
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Career Area Marketing and Customer Insights
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD442513
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
As a Client Partner on our Global Accounts team, you will report to an Industry Manager and use your 7+ years of experience selling digital advertising solutions to Walmart’s largest marketers. With your broad and long-standing client-side and agency relationships, consultative approach and deep understanding of the digital advertising landscape, you will act as a strategic partner to your assigned clients and sell a broad range of advertising solutions that will ensure that their business goals are met. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in selling cross-network marketing and creative solutions to multichannel advertisers.
With a proven understanding of both online and traditional marketing, this role will align with an Account Manager and counterparts within the Sales organization, to develop industry-specific marketing relationships and to drive revenue by negotiating and optimizing complex opportunities with strategic clients. Success in this position will require a proven ability to reach and influence executive level customers, ecosystem partners (PMD's and Agencies) close new business, and provide holistic marketing solutions.
- Revenue: Reach and exceed sales quotas while contributing to overall vertical and team goals
- Account Planning: Develop and actively manage short and long-term account plans based on client brand and performance marketing objectives
- Relationships: Develop and broaden high-level collaborative relationships, understand and identify contacts that manage multiple budgets (brand, shopper, DR, video, etc.), and close large JBPs with the Fortune 500 marketers
- Vertical/Industry Expertise: Partner with teammates and cross-functional partners to structure and execute operational and strategic initiatives – developing account plans, synthesizing market related data, leading client analysis and defining the overall business approach to Walmart Media Group’s success with digitally focused businesses
- Prospect: Prospect and penetrate organizations to drive alignment and influence executive and day-to-day contacts to execute against account plan
- Measurement & Insights: Collaborate with measurement partners to create learning agenda and to help clients measure the impact of Walmart Media Group’s measurement solutions
- Pipeline: Accurately and effectively manage sales pipeline in order to prioritize business opportunities and resources
- Thought Leadership: Serve as an industry thought leader in creative and digital advertising in order to drive creative and client success leveraging Walmart Media Group’s ongoing product and technology developments. Create and deliver consultative sales presentations using industry knowledge, market trends, and Walmart Media Group marketing solutions
- Executive Presence: Exhibit executive presence and confidence in presenting Walmart Media Group to CEOs and CMOs both at Walmart and at Suppliers/Marketers
- RFPs: Create and present needs-based solutions and high quality objective based opportunities to RFPs
- 7+ years experience in Marketing, Creative, Brand Advertising, Performance Marketing, e-Commerce Sales, Digital Video Sales, and/or Online Advertising
- 7+ years experience managing client direct accounts
- 3+ years’ experience as a proven strategic advisor working with C-Level clients
- Strong track record of high-level negotiation and successful internal and external relationship management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong attention to detail, and diligent follow-through
- Proven track record of successfully reaching and exceeding sales revenue goals through consultative sell
- Strong understanding of Walmart consumer behavior and how Walmart helps suppliers, marketers and consumers
- Strong analytical and Excel skills are essential, as well as curiosity, persistence, and the ability to solve problems in a structured manner
- Strong ability to apply operational rigor, methodologies and use technology to execute, assess, and explain complex brand and performance marketing solutions
- Experience in a fast-paced startup, sales, and/or online advertising environment strongly preferred
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Advertising, Consumer Psychology, or related field and 5 years' experience advertising sales, advertising, sales, or related field OR 8 years' experience advertising sales, advertising, sales, or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Brand advertising (for example, TV or video, sponsorship), media sales, customer acquisition and growth, search, mobile and online sales, Managing client accounts, Shopper marketing sales, eCommerce sales, retail advertising sales, search, Strategic Advisor working with C-Level ClientsMasters: Advertising, Masters: Business, Masters: Marketing, Masters: Psychology
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth