Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior Manager II, Controllership-Global Internal Controls
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Accounting and Finance
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD438618
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
- Manages the design and/or implementation of business process and application level controls within systems currently under development by addressing requirements, facilitating test plans and transition to the business process owner
- Designs and implements process controls including manual process controls, automation and configurable controls, interfaces, and segregation of duties
- Understands system develop life cycles and how to integrate controls development into ongoing projects
- Partners and builds relationships with business and IT leaders across the company for seamless execution and goal alignment
- Understands accounting and auditing principles as well as modern IT oriented concepts such as Agile, Cloud, etc.
- Develops and executes projects plans and business requirements that align with the teams' strategic road map by collaborating with corporate, business, and technology partners to ensure cross-functional integration; providing recommendations on internal and external team resource needs for all projects and support functions; and assessing and communicating changes to project priorities.
- Manages multiple concurrent projects and functional support activities globally by coordinating associates and consultants to efficiently develop and deliver recommended solutions; ensuring project governance is enacted (for example, project methodology); aligning multiple project requirements; finding solutions to project issues; identifying and communicating adjustments to project milestones and transitions between project phases; identifying changes to project scope within established governance standards; escalating changes to supervisors; and reviewing system changes.
- Ensures reporting compliance by reviewing to ensure consistent application of policies, rules, and regulations; reviewing, evaluating, and interpreting internal financial statements and supporting documentation for compliance with accounting and reporting regulations and ensuring compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness.
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.
- Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost-effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Protecting the company and reducing the cost of compliance
- Driving continuous improvement in the SOX compliance program
- Working with key stakeholders across the largest initiatives in the company to proactively implement controls
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
- You have an accounting and IT background
- A risk and controls mindset
- Willingness to learn something new every day
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field and 4 years’ experience in finance, accounting, or related area OR 6 years’ experience in finance, accounting, or related area. 1 year’s supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Relational Database Management System (RDMS), Working on cross-functional teams or projectsMasters: Business AdministrationFinancial & Insurance - Certified Public Accountant - Certification
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth