Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Operations Analyst III - eComm
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Information Technology
- Job Function Information Technology
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD419546
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Business Analyst, Art.com
Are you excited to change the way people shop for art through an exceptional site and purchasing experience? Our customer obsessed team helps customers discover, acquire and enjoy wall art that matches their style all at a great value. Art.com is the leading online Art retailer. As part of the Walmart family of brands, we get to call over two million talented people our teammates. The number one reason people join us is to be a part of a nimble, high-performing team with unlimited opportunity and resources.
The Walmart eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in technology, merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
Art.com/Walmart is seeking a Business Analyst to help build the future of art buying online and on mobile across Art.com and Walmart.com properties. As a driving force on the Art.com team, you will provide business, user experiences and marketing efficiency analysis to help the executive team gain invaluable insights on the business and customer experience. The ideal candidate will have a growth mindset, deep passion for the customer and data and be able to describe the customer journey with deep data analysis. This role will report to the President of Art.com.
Who will love this job:
- A customer-obsession - You bring customer focus to everything you do and inspire others to do the same
- A self-starter - You are ambitious and resourceful, able to work effectively with little direction
- An operator - You get stuff done, have a desire to make operations run more efficiently and have a sense of urgency around action, accuracy and feedback.
- A problem solver - You see “yes” as the answer and are creative about breaking down barriers.
- A confident leader - You are assertive and can motivate associates across functions
- An effective communicator - You disseminate information clearly to audiences of all backgrounds and levels
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with the Art Leadership Team to build interdisciplinary merchandising, marketing and product analytical frameworks that reveal customer insights and drive sound business decisions making.
- Ensure the Art Team is continuously aware of the business performance and health.
- Design and perform complex multi-variable analyses, on a continuous and ad-hoc basis, to clarify and address business opportunities as well as influencing strategic changes to consumer site experiences.
- Drive performance customer analytics, including producing weekly and monthly reports that support partnership efforts and highlight key insights and trends.
- Perform analysis of customer acquisition marketing channels as well as behavior with a focus on identifying and maximizing key KPIs.
- Develop automated and ad hoc dashboards/reports (Tableau) and models to measure programs and support product, marketing, merchandising and overall business decisions
- Analyze customer demographic, behavioral and repeat data to derive and optimize segmentation strategies
- Own marketing metrics related to visits, conversions, attribution, LTV, and overall user experience score
- Stay current on trends and best practices in analytics and eCommerce
- Interface between business unit and internal IT/dBase support to ensure ongoing quality and completeness of data assets
- Supports the continuous development and implementation of financial strategies for complex merchandise categories and departments by analyzing data and the impact of key variables (for example seasonal events, assortment mix, market dynamics).
- Own merchandise performance and risk exposure; informing strategic decision-making through bottom up inventory planning;
- Ensure merch recommendations support financial goals; analyzing and reconciling seasonal inventory flow plans across categories and departments to identify discrepancies in financial results (especially related to ensuring customer demand and return on investment goals are met);
- Modeling future merch plans against supplier capability and sales expectations;
- Deliver key performance metrics (for example, return on investment, sales, margin, channel mix); and communicating objectives and results of financial and operational performance to external and internal management.
Why you’ll succeed:
- Customer-Centric: You are passionate about customers and their online experiences
- 2+ years of investment banking or management consulting experience.
- Self-starter looking to gain broad experience scaling a fast-growing business.
- Intellectually curious with strong analytical skills, including demonstrated ability in performing complex data analysis and drawing actionable insights.
- Ability to execute independent research projects, generate practical results
- Strong presentation skills with an exceptional ability to communicate ideas and findings.
- A good balance of analytical and creative thinking
- Experience with web analytics preferably Google Analytics.
- Writing complex SQL queries to prepare data for analysis.
- Experience with Business Intelligence and Data Viz tools (e.g. Tableau, Looker, Business Objects, MicroStrategy).
- Understanding of dimensional data structures.
- Experience working with large volumes of data in a data warehouse.
- Prefer high-level understanding of data pipelines and ETL processes and experience working with AWS, Azure, SQL Server
- BA/BS degree from a top school
- Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Thrives under pressure, balancing multiple workstreams and priorities
- Team player and self-starter able to thrive in fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Customer-Centric: You are passionate about customers and their online experiences
2+ years of investment banking or management consulting experience.
Prefer high-level understanding of data pipelines and ETL processes and experience working with AWS, Azure, SQL Server
BA/BS degree from a top school
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Change Management
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth