Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Shoes eCom Merchant - Seasonal
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Career Area Merchandising and Online Operations
- Job Function Merchandising and Online Operations
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD414519
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Shoes eCom Merchant- Seasonal
At Walmart, we help people save money & time so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make and drives us to create the future of retail. As a Merchant, you’ll serve as an advocate for our customers and see the products you buy come to life in stores and online. Part visionary and part strategist, you’ll be the expert for your category and leverage the scale and access of the Walmart system to truly impact the business and the lives of millions of customers worldwide. Along the way, you’ll be guided by our deep-rooted culture with the support and tools you need to do your best work.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if:
- You are comfortable managing a multimillion-dollar business with profit and loss responsibility
- You enjoy learning about the latest trends, products, and your market
- You are data savvy: you can analyze performance, understand trends, and translate results into strategies
- You are tenacious, dedicated and thrive working with ownership, autonomy, and a healthy dose of competition
You’ll make an impact by:
- Setting the category strategy: you’ll establish strategy, manage budgets to drive profitable growth, and use vision and creativity to impact the customer experience
- Building relationships: you’ll use your influencing and leadership skills to build partnerships with suppliers, vendors, business partners and other Merchants
- Making decisions: you’ll make decisions about nearly every aspect of your products including assortment, supply chain, brand matrix, site operations, planning, budgets, and pricing
- Designing, developing, and launching products: you’ll work with vendors to build assortment lines for our customer, including private label opportunities
- Knowing your category: You’ll know your customers and supplier better than anyone and are always thinking about what is next for your business
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor’s degree in Business, Merchandising , or related field and 3 years’ experience in merchandising, buying, financial planning, operations, or related area OR 5 years’ experience in merchandising, buying, financial planning, operations, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Microsoft Office, Negotiating with third-party suppliers, SupervisoryMasters: Business, Masters: Merchandising
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
"I have switched careers twice within Walmart and each time my leadership supported me in learning an entirely different business. "
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth