Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior Director, Learning and Leadership Partner - International
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Human Resources
- Job Function Human Resources
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD412328
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
- Defines and drives Learning and Leadership (L&L) strategy for Walmart International by delivering learning and leadership programs that helps activate business segment strategies - specifically how business selects, onboards, manages performance, grows, develops and plans talent (succession) for respective segment; identifying and driving the learning metrics to ensure effectiveness and ROI of programs/initiatives in the portfolio; removing duplication of efforts; ensuring alignment with learning strategies in the field; and working closely with the segment People Partner, Talent Partner, and L&L Tech and Innovations leader and Insights team to operationalize L&L strategies and make decisions regarding how to close L&L gaps (e.g., through needs assessment).
- Advises and counsels business leaders on L&L programs specifically designed for Walmart International, along with owning a critical enterprise portfolio, as needs are identified, in partnership with subject matter experts in the COE, to progress business and talent objectives by working in concert with other L&L partners and segments to ensure the design and delivery model reflects the diverse learning and leadership needs of the Enterprise; developing the talent planning and succession planning strategy for the leadership pipeline defined as Director levels and above in the segment/functions, driving approach for learning and succession for each along with the People Partner and Talent Partner; and working with all partners to move talent thoughtfully across the organization to meet the needs of the business and foster a diverse, inclusive pipeline of future leaders.
- Brings new ideas and innovative approaches to the organization (provides leadership) within and across business units by identifying opportunities to infuse best-in-class thinking to all L&L related programs; helping hone and develop new capabilities - robotics, artificial intelligence (AI), machine
learning (ML) focused, product-based, etc.; motivating team to promote new ideas for the organization driving internal and external teams and partners to pioneer big, innovative ideas; taking abstract ideas and helping others throughout multiple levels of the organization understand and embrace the
vision; and contributing to and playing a lead role in developing business unit strategic plans.
- Provides overall direction by analyzing business objectives and customer needs; developing, communicating, building support for, and implementing business strategies, plans, and practices; analyzing costs and forecasts and incorporating them into business plans; determining and supporting resource requirements; evaluating operational processes; measuring outcomes to ensure desired results; identifying and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; promoting a customer environment; and demonstrating adaptability and sponsoring continuous learning.
- Develops and implements strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce by diagnosing capability gaps; recruiting, selecting, and developing talent; supporting mentorship, workforce development, and succession planning; and leveraging the capabilities of new and existing talent.
- Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics by integrating these values into all programs and practices; developing consequences for violations or non-compliance; and supporting the Open Door Policy.
- Develops and leverages internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals by sponsoring and leading key community outreach and involvement initiatives; engaging key stakeholders in the development, execution, and evaluation of appropriate business plans and initiatives; and supporting associate efforts in these areas.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field and 10 years’ experience in human resources (HRBP, Talent
Management or D&I role), business, or related area. Option 2: 12 years’ experience in (HRBP, Talent Management or D&I role), business, or
5 years’ experience in designing and delivering Learning and pipeline development solutions for first time leaders through executive levels.
4 years’ supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Project Management, Successfully led / delivered large-scale organization-wide learning and pipeline development programs.
Primary Location...702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
"Walmart supports their associates. They really are like your second family away from home."
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth