Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Optometrist - Sam's Club
- Location DUBUQUE, IA
- Career Area Optical
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Non - Associate
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD406064
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
What Our Independent Optometrist Do
- Provide evidence-based optical care to ensure patient's health and well-being by recommending and prescribing medications and other treatment options (for example, red eye, LASIK surgery, cataract surgery) using evidence-based care guidelines; delivering routine optical care; and educating patients and associates on eye health.
- Evaluate patients' health condition across and within the full vision center scope of service (for example, visual acuity, visual function and eye health, keratometry, refraction) to ensure proper diagnosis and treatment by reviewing complete patient medical history information and performing comprehensive eye examinations.
- Examine eyes utilizing observation, instruments, and pharmaceutical agents to determine visual acuity and perception, focus, and coordination, as well as identify signs of vision defects (for example, injury, disease, abnormality).
- Prescribe eyeglasses, contact lenses, and other vision aids; suggesting, interpreting, and assessing diagnostic tests (for example, glaucoma testing, macular degeneration, Optical Coherence Tomography-OCT).
- Provide additional vision treatment (for example, foreign body removal) as necessary; developing treatment plans based on patients' clinical presentation using evidence-based care guidelines.
- Ensure overall coordinated and integrated patient care experience and high-quality customer service.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Doctoral degree in Optometry (OD) from accredited optometry school. Licensed optometrist in good standing in state of practice.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Other: Healthcare
About Sam's Club
Sam's Club employs about 110,000 associates in the U.S. The average club is 134,000 square feet and offers bulk groceries and general merchandise. Most clubs also have specialty services, such as a pharmacy, an optical department, a photo center, or a tire and battery center.
Sam's Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Free Membership and discounts in fresh produce
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Paid education assistance with college degrees through our Live Better U program
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid time off - to include vacation, sick leave and parental leave
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth