Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Manager, Digital Media - Programmatic and Digital Media
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Career Area Marketing and Customer Insights
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD402411
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
The US Marketing team’s goal is to create demand for Walmart and inspire re-appraisal, engagement and loyalty amongst existing and potential customers. We do this by developing and executing innovative marketing programs and partnerships in order to breakthrough in the marketplace and drive consumer action. Within the marketing organization, the US Media team focuses on developing enterprise-wide and category-specific media programs across the US; creating breakthrough and memorable impressions, engagement programs and media experiences. Our mission is:
To be an omni organization at the forefront of helping shift perception of our brand, drive consideration, demand and sales by creating insights-led and data-driven holistic comms strategies and paid media plans so that our customers believe that Walmart helps them save money and live better.
The primary accountability for this role is to support the strategic media planning, buying, partnerships, negotiations, execution, reporting and optimization of Food and Health & Wellness Paid Media Campaigns. This person will ensure we are driving efficacy of investment, balancing the need to meet ROAS goals with the imperative of implementing never-been-done-before innovations and programs. This position needs to remain on the cutting edge of understanding and implementing emerging media channels with a specific focus and expertise in programmatic and digital media.
Specific accountabilities would include:
- Help to develop the next level of integrated media and marketing strategies and create a plan and vision that can lead to significant impact, innovation and industry acclaim for the brand and business.
- Drive communications planning and media buying strategy across all paid channels including television, radio, print, out-of-home, digital, social, and mobile media
- Leverage insights, learnings, and modeling to help determine the right channel mix
- Leverage data tactics across channels to further bolster the data-informed portions of our plans with personalized messaging served during the right mindset.
- Manage media agency partner teams to ensure that strategies and plans deliver against business objectives and create impact in the marketplace
- Manage US media category media budgets, including all operational, fiscal and investment ROI and evaluation responsibilities
- Collaborate with creative, experience, partner, social, performance, insights, data and analytic teams
- Coordinate/partner with internal and external stakeholders to author and present best practices, POVs, and strategic planning guidelines
- Help create a pipeline of new ideas and methods of marketing including “test and learn” plans and analyze relative ROI possibilities
- Deepen and nurture relationships with DSPs
Preferred Skills and Background:
- Media and Communications executive with 5+ years of deep functional leadership experience in relevant media areas and integrated marketing communications. Media agency experience is a must, and client experience is a plus.
- Deep understanding of programmatic media
- Good understand of performance digital marketing and full-funnel execution
- Successful candidate will need to have the gravitas to both “sit at the table” and lead the dialogue and negotiations with the heads of media properties
- Having excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills and must be results/metrics-driven.
- Possessing excellent leadership skills, strong analytical, critical thinking skills and strategic agility, and must be able to work effectively within a matrixed functional organization in partnership with key business partners, internal and external
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, or related field and 2 years’ experience in marketing or related field OR 4 years’ experience in marketing or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Marketing or related fieldMasters: Business Administration
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth