Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Manager I, Assortment Excellence - Merch Ops
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Real Estate, Construction and Store Planning
- Job Function Real Estate, Construction and Store Planning
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD401101
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Manager I, Assortment Excellence
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make and drives us to create the future of retail. As a Manager I, Assortment Excellence, you’ll serve as an advocate for our customers and see the products you buy come to life in stores and online. In this unique role, you will have the visibility to a range of categories and departments leveraging the scale and access of the Walmart system to truly impact the business and the lives of millions of customers worldwide. Along the way, you’ll be guided by our deep-rooted culture with the support and tools you need to do your best work.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if:
- You can demonstrate professional judgement throughout your recommendations, decisions, priority-setting, and analysis of improvement opportunities
- You are focused on execution and results as showcased by your pursuit of achieving performance objectives
- You can adapt to varying business situations
- You are always planning for and improving performance
- You are adaptable professionally, demonstrating creativity and strength in the face of challenges
- You are skilled in building relationships that are trusting, collaborative, cross-functionally
You’ll make an impact by:
- Aligning and Executing to the category strategy: you’ll partner with merchants to align on strategy to then draw floorplans and modulars that ultimately meet the customers’ needs
- Building relationships: you’ll use your influencing and leadership skills to build partnerships with merchants, Mod Managers, Business Analytics, Replenishment and the Supplier Community
- Willingness to Learn and Grow: You will have the opportunity to gain exposure to different parts of the business as you grow in the role. You could be drawing modulars in Electronics one month and analyzing floorplans in Seasonal the next.
- Execution Focused: Validates floorplans and planograms for modular relays and project stores by utilizing space planning software to review accuracy of floorplans and mod drawings; utilizing modular and category space tools; and comparing modulars or planograms to actual store category space.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor’s degree in Business, Design, Marketing, Mathematics, or related field and 1 year’s experience in retail, replenishment, supplier sales,
finance, or related area OR 3 years’ experience in retail, replenishment, supplier sales, finance, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Category Management, Designing and implementing technical solutions, Supervisory experience, Using basic functionality of Microsoft Office and SQL, Working with retail design systems or space planning software
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
"Something I enjoy about my job is knowing I can contribute to Realty’s ability to build, open and maintain our stores efficiently."
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth