Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Software Engineer III - Sam's Club
- Location DALLAS, TX
- Career Area Software Development and Engineering
- Job Function Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD395783
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Working at Sam’s Club means a career without boundaries. There’s always room to grow, to take on another challenge, to roll up your sleeves and contribute, and to find professional rewards for your hard work. Yes, we are a division of the Fortune #1 company, Walmart, Inc. But you’ll quickly find that we’re a company that wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Sam’s Club is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our clubs. Join us and you'll discover why our company is a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. We're driven by an intellectual curiosity that keeps us on the cutting-edge of user design and a seamless customer experience.
We’re intrigued by the opportunity to engineer the most optimal approach that drives conversions and generates consumer loyalty across every touchpoint of the digital journey. As a member of the of the Engineering group, you’ll be responsible for evaluating large amounts of data as part of the ongoing effort to optimize processes and delivery protocols. You’ll operate as a trusted advisor as it relates to efficiencies and best practices. As a senior member of the team, you’ll be able to say that you work for the world’s largest retailer and contribute to the development to best-in-class methodologies that impacted perception and drastically changed business as we know it.
As a Software Engineer III, you’ll spend your days translating requirements into solutions, writing code, determining right implementation designs, providing guidance and implications on new and enhanced systems ,identifying short term and long term solutions and provide insights necessary to think beyond the status quo. You’ll oversee small project teams consisting of other engineers who will look to you as a trusted advisor, a subject matter expert who provides guidance and the right tools to get the job done, troubleshoot open issues and bug fixes and ensure ontime delivery and hand-offs. Now, imagine doing all of the above for the world’s largest retailer. That’s the Walmart experience. Intrigued?
You’ll really wow us if
• Your ability to rise above group think and see beyond the here and now is matched only by your intellectual curiosity.
• You come to the table with a comprehensive knowledge of these skill sets
- Micro Services,
- Spring Boot,
- Alerting and Monitoring tools and frameworks
- Messaging platforms – Kafka/Event Hub
- Databases – SQL/NOSQL
- Application containers – Docker & K8s
• You consider yourself to be a student of the world who thrives in an ever-changing environment that holds within it new challenges and chances to prove your expertise.
• You level up when you have the opportunity to teach others and empower those around you to excel.
You’ll make an impact by
• Effectively translating requirements into project parameters while working with agility from cradle to grave.
• Helping cross-functional teams to solve for business problems and develop solutions that enable us to redefine a “best-in-class” customer experience.
• Encouraging the project teams that you oversee to work collaboratively and to aim for insight-driven outcomes.
Benefits & Perks
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 2 years’ experience in software engineering or related field OR 4 years’ experience in software engineering or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Masters: Computer Science
Primary Location...603 MUNGER AVE STE 400, DALLAS, TX 75202, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth