Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Manager I, Data Analytics
- Location DRAPER, UT
- Career Area Data Analytics and Business Intelligence
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD373529
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
- Leads small and participates in large data analytics project teams and manages complex data analysis projects by serving as a technical lead for analytics projects; working with project teams and business partners to determine project goals; developing contingency plans for data analysis; determining and conducting data modeling based on business needs to determine potential impact, risks, and escalation points; directing the analysis of data; gathering data and developing reports as needed; utilizing business knowledge to ensure data supports project goals; analyzing data based on identified variables; conducting trend analyses and categorizing data based on trends; determining data correlations; reviewing data results to ensure accuracy; and communicating results and insights to the project team and business partners.
- Provides data-based analysis and insights to drive investigative analytics strategy by coordinating the development of complete datasets needed to support project-level models; designing statistical or heuristic models for applications involving multiple statistical techniques and stakeholders; verifying and validating data across various channels; coordinating with internal and external customers to build consistent and accurate strategies for using functional area metrics; developing statistical or segmentation models; identifying critical factors influencing project objectives; performing analyses utilizing advanced software and techniques; synthesizing, evaluating and interpreting results accurately; and presenting conclusions, deliverables, and recommendations to stakeholders to support the business.
- Presents data insights and recommendations to managers by developing insights based on data analysis; applying analytical results to project goals; identifying trends and key insights; translating results into business actions; and presenting insights and recommendations to key stakeholders.
- Helps develop business intelligence solutions with customers and other system areas by ensuring solution testing and validation; overseeing upgrades and release schedules for business intelligence and database products; managing production of scheduled regulatory reports; ensuring requirements are met to support implementations; managing the compliance reporting database to ensure accuracy and completeness of the data; ensuring development of system documentation; developing materials for state of the art user interfaces that enable business users to interpret trends and exceptions; and reviewing change implementation before and after production installations.
- Implements compliance reporting strategy by identifying customer and operational needs and developing customized reports to reflect reporting requirements; providing guidance and direction on best practice reporting methods; developing internal reports to monitor obligations, risk mitigation plans, procedures, and long term strategy; identifying performance standards, measuring progress, and adjusting performance accordingly to meet set standards; reviewing and prioritizing report requests; reviewing new reporting concepts and determining business impact; analyzing project requests, developing solutions and providing implementation recommendations; leading cross functional teams responsible for implementing solutions; communicating projects, current reports, and strategy to stakeholders; reviewing third party or industry reporting systems and solutions for implementation options; and working with internal teams to test and implement new reporting technology.
- Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments by developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders; supporting plans and initiatives to meet customer and business needs; identifying and communicating goals and objectives; building accountability for and measuring progress in achieving results; identifying and addressing improvement opportunities; and demonstrating adaptability and promoting continuous learning. Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by hiring and training; mentoring; assigning duties; providing recognition; and ensuring diversity awareness.
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by implementing related action plans; utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy; and providing direction and guidance on applying these in executing business processes and practices.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Economics, Computer Science, or related field and 1 year’s experience conducting mathematical or statistical research, analysis and modeling intelligence, corporate security, or related area OR 3 years’ experience conducting mathematical or statistical research, analysis and modeling intelligence, corporate security, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Business Analysis, Microsoft Office
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
"At Walmart, you have the support you need at any given moment no matter the circumstance."
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth