Staff Mobile Engineer
- Location RESTON, VA
- Career Area Software Development and Engineering
- Job Function Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD373325
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Experience as a hands-on team lead championing Native iOS development and providing Technical and Architectural leadership to 2 or more Scrum teams.
- Expert in iOS Mobile App Development with Swift and objective-C
- Expert in MVVM architecture and design pattern
- Expert in higher order functions and libraries
- Championing CI/CD , Unit testing and deterministic functional testing, End to End automation while serving and leading by example
- Leads the discovery phase of large Mobile Engineering projects by collaborating with cross-functional teams to determine project strategy; interpretingstrategy into sustainable mobile solutions; driving prototype development to ensure concept is feasible; and implementing prototypes to validate projects.
- Troubleshoots business and production issues for mobile devices by reviewing and analyzing information (for example, issue, impact, criticality, possible root cause); engaging support teams to assist in the resolution of issues; analyzing issues based on expert knowledge of mobile devices and programming; formulating and implementing an action plan; interpreting results to determine further action; and performing root cause analysis across multiple mobile devices to prevent future occurrence of issues.
- Leads project teams for Mobile Engineering projects by providing direction regarding project plan; identifying short- and long-term solutions andtimelines; providing guidance regarding project issues or roadblocks; reviewing and approving proposed solutions; implementing new architectural patterns; and performing design and code reviews of changes.
- Develops innovative mobile technology solutions and strategies to support business objectives by collaborating with cross-functional business partners; developing assessments of key opportunities; benchmarking and analyzing industry best practices; forecasting for future technologies; driving high-priority initiatives; identifying and implementing solutions; communicating with and influencing decision-makers and executives within the organization; influencing the industry to adopt sustainable solutions; and defining software development guidelines, standards, and processes.
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness.
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.
- Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor of Science and 6 years' experience in software engineering OR Master of Science and 3 years' experience in software engineering
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, D.C. Metro
National landmarks, museums, renowned restaurants—the D.C. Metro is a hub of activity and culture. It’s also a prime location for the future of tech.Discover D.C. Metro
The Lincoln Memorial
"In this temple, as in the hearts of the people for whom he saved the Union, the memory of Abraham Lincoln is enshrined forever."
The National Mall
A symbol of freedom and equality, millions visit the Mall annually to relax, enjoy its beauty, visit its museums and find voice.
Escape for a hike in the great outdoors at Great Falls, where the Potomac River spills over steep, jagged rocks through the picturesque Mather Gorge.
Air and Space
Companion to the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum on the Mall, the Udvar-Hazy Center displays thousands of aviation and space artifacts.
Wolf Trap National Park
This 117-acre park is a majestic natural setting for performances, dining and year-round recreational opportunities like hiking and sledding.
Fishing, boating, campgrounds, mini train, carousel, volleyball courts, golf course, disk golf, snack shop, picnic areas, playgrounds and mini-golf!
Reston Town Center
Shopping, dining, ice-skating and events in a beautiful setting in the heart of Reston.
The final resting place for more than 400,000 active duty service members, veterans and their families, honoring their service to our country.
City of Alexandria
Once among the 10 busiest ports in America, the city's historic character still remains; beautiful 18th- and 19th-century buildings line the Old Town.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental