Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior Data Engineer II, eComm
- Location NEW YORK, NY
- Career Area Software Development and Engineering
- Job Function Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD361733
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Bonobos is looking for a Data Engineer who is hungry to make the company more empirical and customer-centric as a member of the Data Products and Insights team.
At Bonobos, we’re redefining how customers browse, discover and shop for apparel. As the first digitally native apparel company in the US, we are poised to make groundbreaking advances in how customers shop. Bonobos is uniquely positioned to delight customers by connecting our showroom stores (we call them Guideshops) to our online experiences. We're inventing the future of retail. Our customers are fanatical about our clothes and our world-class customer service.
As a Data Engineer, you can look forward to rolling up your sleeves and digging into our data to help develop and maintain data platforms and tools that everyone can rely on. This role will be responsible for contributing to an ecosystem that handles data ingress/egress - interfacing with various sources/destinations. Additionally, this role will be responsible for contributing to an orchestration layer of complex data transformations, refining raw data from source into targeted, valuable data assets for consumption in a governed way. Other engineering platform opportunities may involve building out data registry and customer segmentation platforms. You will be partnering with Analysts, Engineers, Data Scientists and Business Stakeholders to build out capabilities that make an impact across the entire Organization.
Sample Tech From Our stacks:
- Snowflake Data warehouse
- Kafka based streaming platform
- Custom pythonic application abstractions to manage PUB/SUB
- Custom customer informatics services
- Custom data registry services
- AWS: RDS Postgres
- Redis Queue
- Redis Graph
- Redis Key Value Store
- AWS: S3
- AWS: ECS/ECR
- AWS: Lambda / Gateway
- AWS: Sagemaker
- Circle CI
- Infrastructure as Code
What you'll do...
- Analyzes, designs, codes, tests, configures and modifies software for the functional delivery of data platforms, pipelines and solutions using various programming languages, technologies and development methodologies.
- Designs, develops, tests, debugs and implements data platforms, pipelines, solutions and/or software tools, and utilities for the purpose of assuring acceptable performance and service levels.
- Owns the automated delivery of data platforms, pipelines and solutions using source control, infrastructure as code, continuous integration throughout the entire delivery model
- Ensures that implemented data platforms, pipelines and solutions are successfully monitored, with relevant alerts, logging and tracing that guarantee the relevant durability, availability and performance.
- Ensures the data is modeled correctly for consumption
- Validates that data platforms, pipelines and solutions follow data governance policies, standards and intent
- Completes technical documentation that adds value, including but not limited to testing, training governance and software delivery
- Have 5-10 years of experience in a Data Engineering or similar role
- Proficiency with at least one programming language (our team uses Python)
- Enjoy working on a Scrum Team in an agile delivery environment
- Self directed with Implementing, designing, guiding and mentoring Deployment & Delivery
- Self directed with gathering and assimilating Development Requirements
- Self directed with participating in design
- Self directed with participating in modeling
- Self directed as an individual contributor and while reviewing pull requests and mentoring
- Self directed when participating and mentoring on simple to complex Debugging / Troubleshooting problems
- Self directed with Implementing, designing, guiding and mentoring with M.A.L.T. implementations with guidance/direction
- Work hard because we love what we’re doing, but also believe in balance (say hello to unlimited vacation days!)
- Back up our talk with a competitive compensation and benefits package, challenging projects, random acts of team-wide fun and awesome co-workers that feel like family
- Value self-awareness, intellectual honesty, judgment, empathy & positive energy – often over experience
- Are located in the Flatiron District in the heart of Manhattan
- Have a passion for delivering a superior experience to our customers, clients, vendors & one another
- Are excited to hear from you
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field. Option 2: 2 years’ experience in software engineering or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Masters: Computer Science
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth