Program Manager I - Walmart Media Group, Account Manager
- Location CHICAGO, IL
- Career Area Project and Program Management - PMO
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD352614
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
At Walmart, we enable the connection between supplier brands and retail shoppers at unprecedented scale. As primary stewards of our brand promise, “Save Money. Live Better,” we work alongside some of the most talented people in the world to engage with the more than 150M households who shop with us. This is a unique opportunity to join a small, high-visibility team within the largest company in the world. We believe all digital advertising can be targeted and accountable – and we have Walmart’s sales data to prove it. Walmart Media Group wins when suppliers invest in digital media to drive growth; Walmart and our supplier partners win when your digital expertise helps sell more goods online and offline. Growth in our digital advertising business is key to Walmart’s overall growth strategy.
Walmart Media Group (the digital ad sales arm for Walmart.com, Hayneedle, Pick-up & Delivery etc.) is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for our suppliers, merchants, stores, GMs, brand advertisers, and agencies. Our full funnel ad solutions leverage Walmart’s in-store and online data, extensive reach, and to provide measurable results for our clientele. With a range of flexible pricing and buying models, including self-service; these solutions help businesses build brand awareness, engage with Walmart consumers, and convert Walmart consumers to shoppers.
Walmart Media Group is seeking experienced Account Managers to help build and sell Walmart Media Group’s advertising solutions to our key partners benefiting from our proven conversion driven and brand building solutions. You’ll contribute to a high-caliber team in a business that is experiencing rapid and dramatic growth. We are looking for demonstrated performance in a constantly changing, ambiguous environment, and problem-solving leadership with limited oversight.
As a WMG Account Manager, you will be responsible for helping grow advertising partnerships. We work cross-functionally with Walmart Ad Sales, Product, and Category Marketing teams. Externally, we work with suppliers' Brand Managers, Analytics, and E-Commerce teams, as well as their National Media and Shopper Marketing agencies.
Accounts Managers need to excel in problem solving and process executors. The ability to follow through on projects and maintain accountability is extremely important. The position requires experience working on a cross-functional, revenue-generating team within a complex organization.
- Project Manage supplier’s campaign & revenue.
- Build strategic campaign recommendations based on a deep understanding of the suppliers’ business goals and marketing objectives.
- Drive the end to end creative process between the supplier and WMG’s creative team.
- Manage agency proposal templates and tagging.
- Partner closely with campaign management on campaign activation, trafficking & optimizations.
- Provide frequent communication and updates with clients and internal stakeholders regarding campaigns.
- Work closely with Measurement & Analytics to ensure reporting accuracy
- Share actionable insights & recommendations to support supplier’s strategy and driving incremental revenue.
- Support monthly campaign billing, ensuring accuracy and delivery.
- Work cross-functionally within Walmart Media Group & Walmart merchandising to drive strong results for suppliers.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Ability to lead day-to-day relationships and work with management and multifunctional teams to respond to supplier needs.
- Experience in building media plan recommendations.
- Excellent follow-through and no hesitation in ensuring accountability across teams
- Meticulously detail-oriented project management to ensure we increase the strength of our relationships with suppliers and their investment in Walmart advertising
- Familiarity with analytics, advertising data/tech, and DMP technologies, paired with strong analytical and quantitative skills, problem-solving
- Resourceful in maneuvering through a large company while working in a nimble and fast paced environment – ability to adapt and thrive in any business situation
- Willingness and desire to be a key individual contributor and strong team player
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, presentation skills along with cross company and partner collaboration skills. Ability to be clear, concise, and effective in communication.
- Capability to work proactively under pressure and handling multiple ad hoc requests
- High level of comfort escalating and presenting key issues to management
- Tactical and strategic thinker to help influence suppliers’ investment in Walmart media/advertising
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- 3-5 years of strategic partnership, customer success or account management experience in media or advertising
- 3-5 years of digital media or advertising experience, preferably from an agency or within a sales organization
- 2 years or retail or e-commerce experience
- Previous Search Marketing experience a plus
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor's degree in Business or related field and 1 year's experience in project management or related field OR 3 years' experience in project
management or related field.
2 years' experience using Microsoft Office tools (for example, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.eCommerce, Logistics, Managing budgets, Marketing, Merchandising, Operations, Supply ChainProject Management - Project Management Professional - Certification
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
"Our leadership invests in every associate and it’s up to us to change the course of retail—and we’re doing it every day. I feel unstoppable."
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents