Manager I, Learning and Development - Knowledge Mgmt Content Designer
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Human Resources
- Job Function Human Resources
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD347071
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
- Manages learning content by auditing existing learning materials; reviewing and editing final drafts; adapting content to changing learner needs; validating content with subject matter experts; aligning content with business goals and initiatives; maintaining consistency through quality control measures; and providing project status updates to stakeholders.
- Manages the development of training programs, performance support tools, and resources by assisting with research of learning needs, learning environments, knowledge gaps, and behavioral changes; creating blended learning options; and ensuring alignment with technology and business support infrastructure.
- Manages program effectiveness by measuring and analyzing trainee performance; identifying program inconsistencies and deficiencies; reporting inconsistencies and deficiencies to senior leadership; providing performance feedback to associates; working with associates to resolve inconsistencies and deficiencies in learning; and increasing work productivity and reducing overall cost.
- Manages the learning environment by researching industry techniques that increase facilitation effectiveness; developing best practice approaches and ensuring integration into the facilitation program; delivering training materials; assessing facilitator performance; providing guidance on facilitator development and performance skills in learning solutions delivery; developing and delivering train-the-trainer programs; collaborating with internal customers; and engaging in facilitation interventions to build facilitator capability and positively impact contact center operations.
- Implements training development standards and governance by adhering to governance processes for content development and maintenance; communicating standardized training processes to key business partners in order to ensure operational continuity; identifying opportunities to replicate best practices and processes; making recommendations for implementation and delivery approaches; providing process definition and management to the organization; ensuring leadership and implementation teams have necessary materials; and managing the internal control assessment and remediation approach.
- Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments by developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders; supporting plans and initiatives to meet customer and business needs; identifying and communicating goals and objectives; building accountability for and measuring progress in achieving results; identifying and addressing improvement opportunities; and demonstrating adaptability and promoting continuous learning.
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by hiring and training; mentoring; assigning duties; providing recognition; and ensuring diversity awareness.
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by implementing related action plans; utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy; and providing direction and guidance on applying these in executing business processes and practices.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources, Education, Communications or related field and 1 years’ experience in adult learning, training
content development, or related area OR 3 years’ experience in adult learning, training content development, or related area .
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Instructional Design Software, Leading a cross-functional team, Project ManagementMasters: Human Resources, Masters: Learning and DevelopmentProject Management - Project Management Professional - Certification, Six Sigma - Certification
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
"Walmart supports their associates. They really are like your second family away from home."
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents