Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Software Engineer III - Big Data Platform - Sam's Club
- Location DALLAS, TX
- Career Area Software Development and Engineering
- Job Function Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD345010
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Software Engineer III – Big Data Platform
Walmart Global Tech - Sam's Club – Dallas, TX
At Sam's Club, we are developing the next generation of capabilities in the Big Data space. We are building these new capabilities leveraging an open source software stack and modern cloud-based infrastructure. To support our business, these capabilities need to handle massive amounts of data and be adaptable to an ever-changing/adapting data landscape.
Responsibilities of the team:
- Designs and builds the next generation big data platform in the public cloud
- Develops and maintains scalable data pipelines and builds out new integrations to support continuing increases in data volume and complexity.
- Maintains forks of open source tools essential to the platform
- Creates tools for self-service data and cluster management
- Collaborates with data scientist on productionizing projects
- Implements processes and systems to monitor system health and data quality, ensuring production data is always accurate and available for key stakeholders and business processes that depend on it.
- Writes unit/integration tests, contributes to engineering wiki, and documents work.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Electrical Engineering, or similar and 2 years of experience
- Ability to develop and maintain and support complex systems using a variety of programming languages (Python, Scala, Java, Bash, etc.)
- Understanding of data structures (stacks, queues, graphs, etc.) and analysis of algorithm
- Knowledge of current big data technology stack (Hadoop, Hive, Spark, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills
Additional Preferred Requirements:
- Contributions to open source projects
- Knowledge of Statistics, Machine Learning or Artificial Intelligence
- Knowledge of common data science languages (Python & R) and packages (pandas, scikit-learn, tensorflow, dplyr, ggplot2, etc.)
- Experience developing data pipelines with Airflow or other tools
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with public cloud platforms like Azure or Google
- Previous experience working with a distributed team
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great benefits include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 2 years’ experience in software engineering or related field OR 4 years’ experience in software engineering or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Masters: Computer Science
About Sam's Club
Sam's Club employs about 110,000 associates in the U.S. The average club is 134,000 square feet and offers bulk groceries and general merchandise. Most clubs also have specialty services, such as a pharmacy, an optical department, a photo center, or a tire and battery center.
Sam's Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Free Membership and discounts in fresh produce
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Education Assistance from Live Better U - earn your degree for just $1 a day
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid time off - to include vacation, sick leave and parental leave
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth