On Walmart’s Market Strategy team, we’re taking a scientific, data-driven, and planful approach to influencing Walmart’s broad-reaching asset decisions. Understanding what financial markets have to say about retail is an essential component of being proactive rather than reactive in our long-term planning. Having nuanced predictions for the future gives us the opportunity to be surgical and targeted in how we reach underserved customers in a retail environment that is constantly being disrupted.
Though you’ll start as the team’s go-to equity researcher, you’ll have the opportunity to use that expertise as a launching pad into data science, strategy, or both. You’ll be helping to build reports, analytics tools, and strategy communications that will be directly involved in business decisions at a very high level within Walmart.
In this new, exciting and challenging field there are limitless opportunities for highly motivated candidates who possess an insatiable curiosity to explore and solve the ever-evolving business challenges in the retail space.
The capabilities associated with managing and analyzing large amounts of data through traditional and non-traditional analytical processes to gain valuable business insights that can be leveraged to drive our business forward is quite possibly advancing more rapidly than any other technology field today. What better place to be involved, then the World’s Largest Retailer in an organization emboldened to pioneer new concepts and answer the call of, “What’s next?”
How data can transform and redefine the world of retail and the shopping experience for our customers and defining new ways to compete is anything but a small task; we are up for the challenge!
Fifty years ago, Sam Walton open a single shop and transformed it into the world’s biggest retailer. Since those founding days, one thing has remained consistent: our commitment to helping our customers same money so they can live better. Today, we are reinventing the shopping experience and out associates are at the heart of it. When you join the Walmart family, you will play a crucial role in the shaping the future of retail, improving millions of lives around the world.
This is the place where your passions meet purpose. Join our family and build a career you can be proud of.
Join our Family: Apply Now!
Bachelor’s and 2+ years of equity research experience with a retail focus
You will make an impression if:
• You enjoy and are advanced in statistical analytical approaches (e.g. regression, clustering, predictive analysis)
• You have an affinity for coding (e.g. R, Python, Arc GIS, Alteryx, Java)
• You’ve worked with large-scale database systems (e.g. Hive, Teradata, DB2)
• You’ve used large-scale customer- or retail-relevant data to find insights (e.g. Nielsen, Census, NCR, Experian)
• You enjoy visualizing data in new and exciting ways using Tableau, Excel, PowerBI or other data visualization tools
• You have an advanced degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Geographic Information Systems, Information Technology, Engineering or related STEM field
• You are an innately curious, critical thinker who sees both the big picture and the details
You will make an impact by:
• Leading, influencing and delivering clear and concise messages to business partners
• Executing well thought out project plans and strategies
• Designing the most cost-effective sequence of investments to an asset that will drive sales and ensure future financial health
• Incorporating cutting edge technology that simplifies processes and improves financial health of an asset
Minimum Qualifications...Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor of Science and 5 years' data science experience OR Master of Science and 2 years' data science experience.
Preferred Qualifications...Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.