Design Director, Financial Services - (Director, User Experience - WEC)
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Career Area Marketing and Customer Insights
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD316392
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Design Director, Financial Services
About the Team
Our team builds products to enhance the lives of millions of Americans. We create richly compelling digital experiences for customers – whether they are at home, in our stores, or on the go. We build the tools our Home Office Merchants need to select the very best products to help our customers live better. We also make the services and systems our 1.2 million employees need to do their jobs in our stores and throughout our entire supply chain.
The Design Director, Financial Services plays a critical strategic role across all of these areas by creating the vision, designing, and launching all our Financial Services experiences — online, in-store and beyond. The Design Director, Financial Services will lead the overall service design across these experiences. The future we imagine bridges the gaps between personal finance and retail in a unique way that only Walmart can offer, with an eye toward the value and convenience that our customers have come to expect. In this unique role, you will be able to innovate on behalf of the people we serve -- our customers in the stores and online, as well as our in-store employees who help them – toward greater financial literacy, easy access to financial products, new ways to pay and to save money. From contactless payments in store and reducing friction at the fuel pump, to helping our customers pay bills or send money home, we aim to help millions of customers live better. The Design Director, Financial Services will create Walmart’s next generation financial services solutions and meaningfully impact people’s lives. If you’re motivated by complex, purposeful challenges, being Design Director, Financial Services at Walmart could be the fit you’ve been looking for.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if you have...
- Experience leading design for progressive financial service products and services.
- Passion for human-centered design and experience advocating for the customer within the financial services ecosystem.
- An understanding and clear point of view about how to create compelling customer-facing financial products and services.
- A strong strategic mindset and a systems thinking approach.
- Excellent visual and interaction design skills and a keen understanding of trends in the marketplace – in and out of finance and retail.
- Ability to communicate concepts in a clear and compelling way to audiences of all levels of understanding and levels of seniority.
- Track record of deploying digital tools and services in a fast-moving and changing environment – one that celebrates experimentation, iteration, and shipping.
- Experience leading product design teams, process and building strong cross-functional partnerships.
- Ability to produce great work in short timeframes, multitask across different projects and platforms and adapt to the ever-changing priorities of the business.
- Deep experience with business requirement gathering, service design, end-to-journey mapping, facilitating sessions like Design Sprints, conducting competitive analysis, and leading rapid concepting and prototyping.
- Champion of a design philosophy that is inclusive of all people.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Leading the Financial Services Product Design team in a way that nurtures the unique strengths of each member of the team and brings them together in a way that has multiplying effect.
- Facilitating creative problem-solving across cross-functional partners to drive best-in-class thinking from all parts of the organization and seamlessly integrating competitive organizational goals.
- Driving and holding others accountable to create experiences that celebrate and empower our end-users.
- Proactively soliciting, leveraging, and sharing design research, competitive research, data, and analytics to create full-featured and strategic products.
- Fostering a maker mindset so teams can iterate and experiment collaboratively in order to challenge the status quo, drive new thinking, and improve processes for creating future-forward product experiences.
- Thinking holistically so that we build true end-to-end experiences.
- Switching gears from deep design thinking to rapid-fire execution.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, Fine Arts, or related field and 5 years’ experience in design or related field OR 7 years’ experience in design or related field. 1 years’ supervisory experience.
Perks and Benefits
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents