(USA) Director, Construction - Utilities and Site Development
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Real Estate, Construction and Store Planning
- Job Function Real Estate, Construction and Store Planning
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD316073
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Primary (NEO) -New Home Office-Specific Responsibilities include all aspects of:
- Private deep and shallow site utilities
- Site Development for hand-off to Vertical Building Contractors
- Private Hardscape and Landscape
- Coordination of all site details with all other NEO Construction Directors
- Ensures construction budgets are met by advising and reviewing pre-construction budgets; reviewing and tracking monthly and quarterly budget reports; working with contractors and estimating department to resolve claims; reviewing and approving contractor payments, change orders, and invoices; and managing project scope and contingency.
- Provides leadership and guidance to cross-functional teams on construction projects and new initiatives by providing feedback regarding new prototypes and design initiatives; providing leadership and guidance to team members regarding changing or non-prototypical application of construction guidelines; and staying up-to-date on industry best practices and providing feedback and suggestions for improvement .
- Oversees and enforces compliance with laws and regulations for construction projects by establishing, communicating, and monitoring standards of performance for contractors and suspending noncompliant work; collaborating with cross-functional teams to provide feedback and identify and implement design changes to comply with compliance obligations; resolving noncompliance ; maintaining certifications ; enforcing standards with regulations and company programs ; and providing guidance to team members in the application of new or changing initiatives.
- Oversees complex construction projects by creating and evaluating project schedules; coordinating efforts between internal and external business units; resolving conflicts ; overseeing document completion ; serving as a company representative with municipalities and public officials to ensure compliance and delivery of high quality projects; and ensuring the quality and functionality of the project's construction following turnover to operations through the warranty period.
- Oversees a diverse portfolio of onsite construction projects by collaborating with facility management to establish scope and schedule of a project to minimize impact to operations; maintaining, communicating, and adjusting timelines and working with contractors to ensure project milestones are met; verifying material procurement and deliveries are synchronized with project schedules; visiting sites and monitoring contractor work and schedules to ensure construction quality is consistent with design specifications and timelines; ; and monitoring and ensuring resolution of outstanding construction issues and work to be corrected or completed.
- The capacity for big picture thinking and the understanding that all scopes of work need to be successful for NEO as a whole to be successful
- 10 - 15+ years of experience in large commercial construction management, field and office positions
- Experience as both the General Contractor/Subcontractor and an Owner
- Deep familiarity and experience with;
- A wide variety of utility piping systems, materials, installation methods and best practices.
- Quality Control, System Testing, and Commissioning
- Pulling planning and schedule maintenance for large, multi-GC projects
- Facilitating/Supporting the design process pre-Contractor award
- BIM, AutoCAD, Bluebeam and other similar software
- Design, estimating, procurement, installation, execution, industry standard procedures, field oversight and warranty experience with the following;
- Deep and shallow utilities
- Central plant construction
- Large scale site development
- Cut/fill and other sitework operations
- Engineered earth retention system
- Success operating in highly dynamic multi-GC project environment where guiding policies may not exist.
- Construction contract negotiation and administration
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum QualificationsBachelor's degree in Engineering, Architecture, or a related field and 5 years’ experience in construction management, construction administration, engineering, architecture, or a related area OR 7 years’ experience in construction management, construction administration, engineering, architecture, or a related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Construction and Real Estate management compliance
"You have to think of how to save the company money, save the store money, save the customer money—and one impacts the others."
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents