Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Senior Manager II, Energy Services- Renewables
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Engineering
- Job Function Engineering
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD314441
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
- Identifies, develops and executes Renewable Energy (RE) strategies to support company's sustainability initiatives following rules and regulations regarding carbon and renewable energy credits
- Evaluate transactions directly applying business, legal and financial knowledge and by preparing and writing presentations communicate propositions to company Leadership, gaining support and approval for RE projects that support the company's sustainable energy strategy; negotiating terms of RE contracts with suppliers or developers; and serving as the RE expert for the company
- Serves as the company's liaison to the RE markets by keeping abreast of energy market fundamentals, conducting impact analyses on stores and clubs and offering informed opinions and information to other areas of the company
- Develops, maintains, and manages relationships with energy and emissions suppliers, brokers, and key individuals within these organizations; networking on a regular basis; identifying new technologies; and negotiating new and innovative RE structures and financial instruments at favorable terms.
- Monitors RE deals by assessing deal performance in real-time; using risk management tools, proposing remedies to counterparties if contracts are underperforming; and interfacing with retail energy operations and systems groups to translate purchase obligations into supplies available to stores and clubs
- Manages the reduction and management of energy and utility expenses in the assigned region by implementing and directing energy saving programs; calculating estimated cost savings and return on investment; preparing proposals for implemented energy efficiency procedures; researching, educating, and coordinating energy interdepartmental and external agency saving efforts; and providing energy consumption data during facility planning and construction phases
- Manages energy costs and ensures adequate by identifying and documenting opportunities for and securing energy credits and rebates offered by states; identifying power factor penalties through billing and recommending installation of capacitors, energy storage and other emerging technologies to improve the power factor and reduce costs; researching rates and tariffs to ensure proper rates are applied (for example, ensuring economic development incentives and riders have been applied)
- Leads sustainable and renewable energy opportunities and initiatives by developing overall strategies; identifying, reviewing, intervening, and participating in state and federal policy and regulatory proceedings; directing the development and maintenance of the tracking system for reporting progress in renewable or sustainable energy legislation and regulation proceedings involving Walmart
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness. Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy. Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost-effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Business, Finance, or related field and 4 years’ experience in utility operations or related area OR 6 years’ experience in utility operations or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Building technology platforms, Negotiating Skills, Operations, Project Management, Supervising AssociatesMasters, Masters: Business, Masters: FinanceProject Management - Project Management Professional - Certification, Utility - Certified Energy Manager - Certification
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth