Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Senior Manager II, Human Resources Generalist (CA) - Human Resources - Walmart Media Group
- Location SAN MATEO, CA
- Career Area Human Resources
- Job Function Human Resources
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD304356
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
- Drives the execution of human resource (HR) practices, systems, programs, and policies in the business area(s) by comparing actual HR program results to the defined success measure; ensuring consistent application of HR policies and programs; directing HR managers and HR support functions in the execution of HR initiatives; identifying and addressing execution and communication gaps; creating action plans to resolve implementation issues; and comparing performance to assigned area plans and company objectives.
- Defines the human resource (HR) strategy to support the business area by providing recommendations to the business leaders in achieving business goals and objectives; developing change plans for the organizational initiatives; assessing the HR implications of various strategies; providing guidance to business leaders about HR issues; and focusing on HR planning and advice.
- Drives talent management initiatives for assigned area by developing and implementing talent plans; monitoring workforce planning processes; acquiring and retaining key talent; developing relationships with external organizations; ensuring implementation of action plans for diversity initiatives; analyzing talent management data, tools, and systems; partnering with training and development to address training needs; monitoring performance management processes and initiatives; overseeing and ensuring consistency in recognition program application; and delivering, monitoring, and ensuring compliance with compensation programs and policies.
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness. Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.
- Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost-effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelors Degree in HR or related field and 5 years' experience in human resources or related field OR 8 years' experience in human resources or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
"Walmart supports their associates. They really are like your second family away from home."
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth