Director, Business Analysis and Insights - Facilities Maintenance
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Data Analytics and Business Intelligence
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD299704
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Director of Facilities Maintenance:
Scope and Cost Management –
- Responsible for overseeing the CBRE budget by analyzing costs to validate spending related to materials and labor; initiating and reviewing reports (expense accruals, outstanding invoices, score-cards); approving expenditures; managing warranty reimbursement; and ensuring landlord compliance with lease agreements.
- Oversee response to code violations by coordinating with legal counsel; providing written responses to legal counsel; and complying with regulatory authorities (building code inspector, fire marshal).
- Responsible for addressing potentially catastrophic events by evaluating the situation; securing appropriate engineering services and Walmart management teams; clarifying intended course of action to local, state, and federal authorities; ensuring timely response to prevent store closures, downtime, and fines; and providing after-hours, on-call support for emergencies through the defined escalation path.
- Responsible for reviewing and approving proposals in excess of $100,000; validating there is business justification, estimating, and/or second opinion quotation.
Vendor Management –
- Manages the Integrated Facilities Management partner (CBRE) by ensuring adherence to contractual service-level agreements and key performance indicators (KPI’s).
- Communicates Corporate and industry changes to vendors; ensuring compliance with standards; evaluating and reporting vendor performance; notifying vendors of code violations or Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) issues; and coaching IFM partners when standards are not met.
Communication Management –
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders; supporting plans and initiatives to meet customer and business needs; identifying and communicating goals and objectives; building accountability for and measuring progress in achieving results; identifying and addressing improvement opportunities; and demonstrating adaptability and promoting continuous learning.
- Develop one-for-one relationships with RGMs/RVPs, embracing a single point of contact (POC) to enhance customer service; participating in Market calls to understand direct feedback.
- Encourage communication between IFM technicians and Store Associates; promote Store Associates to build relationships with IFM technicians and Operations Managers
- Work collaboratively to successfully hand off projects that are in non-FM based trades (i.e. Pest Management, Store Water, ISD, Photo, Security Services)
Process Improvement –
- Responsible for continuous improvement to the business; presenting compelling return on investment (ROI); strategic vendor selection; and implementation of new processes or technology.
- Work collaboratively with IFM partners to review 3rd party performance; IFM vendor optimization efforts; and ServiceChannel feedback scores
- Identify globally impacting issues, working with business partners to address for lasting resolution
- Improve parts procurement processes to get parts in a cost-effective manner, while ensuring parts are within Walmart specifications, arrive onsite, and are installed in a timely manner
- Embrace Continuous Improvement mindset regarding current processes and procedures to improve customer services, reduce expenses, and improve resolution times.
- Identify areas of the business to leverage the IFM relationship to improve other areas of the business (i.e. janitorial, fixture storage, bike/grill assembly)
- Oversight and control of FM budgets for repair/reactive, capital, and reserve accounts – including forecasting, reporting, and analytics (daily)
- Proposal Review – with authority to review and approve all proposals above $100K and under $1M
- Management of internal and external escalations – driving high priority/ high impact escalations to timely completion. Good communication, follow up, and sense of urgency is critical to success (daily)
- Supervisor Management of Regional Facility Managers and Facility Managers – responsible for supervision of activities, mentoring, development, assigning duties, training, evaluation, and recognition (daily)
- Conduct weekly team meetings with internal FM team to share business and department updates; share progress on team and department goals; receive team feedback (weekly)
- Conduct monthly performance and budget discussions with Integrated Facilities Maintenance partner to identify areas of opportunity, discuss global issues, build a plan of action for improvement
Implement process improvements and seek other areas to leverage the IFM partnership to other areas of the business to reduce costs and improve service
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications Bachelor’s degree in Business, Analytics, Statistics, or related field and 5 years’ experience in data analytics, project management, business, or related area OR 7 years’ experience in data analytics, project management, business, or related area. 3 years’ experience using intermediate functionality of Microsoft Office. 4 years’ supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Consulting, Working on cross-functional teams or projectsMasters: BusinessProject Management - Project Management Professional - Certification, Six Sigma - Certification
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
"At Walmart, you have the support you need at any given moment no matter the circumstance."
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents