Software Engineer III - Technology
- Location RESTON, VA
- Career Area Software Development and Engineering
- Job Function Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD295287
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
- Manages small to medium-sized complex team projects by reviewing and understanding project requirements; translating requirements into technical solutions; researching and identifying alternative solutions; determining needed solutions based on return on investment and value add to the business; gathering needed information (for example, design documents, product requirements, wire frames); writing and developing code; communicating status and issues to appropriate team members and stakeholders; collaborating with project team and cross-functional teams; identifying areas of opportunity; interpreting information and identifying a solution; ensuring solution is sustainable across implementation and use; and ensuring on-time delivery and hand-offs.
- Provides support to the business for new and existing systems by responding to user questions, concerns, and issues (for example, technical feasibility); researching and identifying needed solutions; determining implementation designs; providing guidance regarding implications of new and enhanced systems; and directing users to appropriate contacts for issues outside of own domain.
- Troubleshoots business and production issues by gathering information (for example, issue, impact, criticality); performing root cause analysis to reduce future issues; engaging support teams when needed; developing solutions; driving the development of an action plan; performing actions as designated in the plan; and completing online documentation.
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
Our Ideal Candidate must have a solid experience of below mentioned requirements:
- 5 to 7 years of professional experience as hands-on Front End Engineer on Android/iOS
- Expert in Android/iOS Mobile App Development with React Native technologies
- Familiarity with OOP design principles
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Superior analytical skills with a good problem-solving attitude.
- Ability to perform in a team environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to interpret and follow technical plans
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor of Science and 5 years' experience in software engineering OR Master of Science
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Customer Care, Customer Service, Information Technology, Project Management, Retail Operations, Support, Technical Strategy, TroubleshootingMasters: Computer Science
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, D.C. Metro
National landmarks, museums, renowned restaurants—the D.C. Metro is a hub of activity and culture. It’s also a prime location for the future of tech.Discover D.C. Metro
The Lincoln Memorial
"In this temple, as in the hearts of the people for whom he saved the Union, the memory of Abraham Lincoln is enshrined forever."
The National Mall
A symbol of freedom and equality, millions visit the Mall annually to relax, enjoy its beauty, visit its museums and find voice.
Escape for a hike in the great outdoors at Great Falls, where the Potomac River spills over steep, jagged rocks through the picturesque Mather Gorge.
Air and Space
Companion to the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum on the Mall, the Udvar-Hazy Center displays thousands of aviation and space artifacts.
Wolf Trap National Park
This 117-acre park is a majestic natural setting for performances, dining and year-round recreational opportunities like hiking and sledding.
Fishing, boating, campgrounds, mini train, carousel, volleyball courts, golf course, disk golf, snack shop, picnic areas, playgrounds and mini-golf!
Reston Town Center
Shopping, dining, ice-skating and events in a beautiful setting in the heart of Reston.
The final resting place for more than 400,000 active duty service members, veterans and their families, honoring their service to our country.
City of Alexandria
Once among the 10 busiest ports in America, the city's historic character still remains; beautiful 18th- and 19th-century buildings line the Old Town.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents