Technician, Aviation Line Service
- Location ROGERS, AR
- Career Area Aviation and Travel
- Job Function Aviation and Travel
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Hourly
- Requisition WD294169
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
- Saturday and Sunday: 7am-7pm
- Needs to be flexible: Monday and Tuesday (7am-7pm)
- Rotating Holidays
Rate of Pay: $14.50
What you'll do:
- Fuels aircraft by using equipment (for example, refuelers, ladders); driving in and around tight and confined spaces; communicating with flight crew on method of refueling; retrieving orders from internal and external customers; converting pounds to gallons; reading meters on fuel trucks; and generating service orders to communicate services rendered.
- Tows and parks aircraft by operating tugs and tow bars; monitors the tower and aircraft tracking software for aircraft arrivals and departures; greets aircraft passengers upon arrival; communicating with the tower for clearance on taxiway; positioning aircraft in hangar; and performing special operations during inclement weather (for example, rain, snow). Maintains equipment by inspecting of ground support equipment ; changing air filters and oil; verifying fail safes are operational; and documenting inspection and maintenance results.
- Provides connections of ground power units; services lavatory; performs basic aircraft services (for example, adding oil to aircraft, washing windshields, checking tire pressure); loading and unloading baggage and freight; and generating service orders to communicate services rendered and facilitate payment for products and services.
- Maintains fuel quality by inspecting fuel; changing filter elements at fuel farm; performing quality control tests on fuel (for example, white bucket, American Petroleum Institute gravity, jet fuel additive, filter membrane, grounding cable continuity, hydrokit) to detect specific gravity, contaminants, and anti-icing additives in fuel; performing fuel recovery process; running fuel reports; documenting test results; and conducting inventory.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Valid state-issued driver's license.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents