Associate Director, Marketing Planning and Strategy - Brand, Walmart Media Group
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Marketing and Customer Insights
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD292682
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Associate Director, Brand Strategy - Walmart Media Group
The Walmart Media Group is looking for a seasoned Brand Manager to craft the Walmart Media Group brand vision and messaging, define the brand narrative and position WMG as a leader in the digital advertising space. To support our ambitious growth goals and to increase awareness of the Walmart Media Group brand, you should come to the table with fresh ideas, ready to brainstorm and have a creative mindset. Working in close partnership with the Director of Brand Strategy & Activation, you will help evolve our core message platform, key sales narratives, and external content strategy. You will also work with a small but mighty team of content creators and designers who bring that story to life across various channels (videos, sales enablement/sales materials, email, website, a blog, whitepapers, B2B social media, events, etc.). The ideal candidate has superb communication and project management skills and a proven track record of achieving measurable B2B marketing results, independently driving projects and teams forward and working collaboratively with marketing peers as well as across other functions.
Walmart Media Group is Walmart’s advertising platform for brands, uniquely designed to reach hundreds of millions of U.S. shoppers across their entire shopping journey. We connect billions of shopping behaviors to real transactions (both online and in-store), and help marketers truly understand how their marketing drives results.
Specially, we’re looking for ambitious, fun, creative, people-oriented folks who are truly willing to roll up their sleeves to solve business challenges in creative and structured ways (no lie, you might not have sleeves by the end of this).
- Help support MarCom & brand initiatives by crafting key message themes and strategies
- Collaborate closely with Demand Generation team to co-author MarCom & event strategies in support of advancing WMG’s sales goals & product launches
- Use advertising performance & insights to refine & advance our brand positioning
- Help shape and communicate WMG’s vision and mission
- Be an expert on our audience segments and map relevant content to each
- Serve as player/coach in the development of sales materials, blog content, emails, whitepapers, website copy, case studies, infographics, etc.
- Ensure that all content is on-brand and consistent across all channels
- Measure, report & optimize performance of brand marketing campaigns, and assess KPIs
- Monitor market trends, research consumer markets and competitors’ activities
- Align WMG around the brand’s development and tactics
- Partner with cross-functional teams like Marketing, Product, Creative and Retail Marketing, to execute branded campaigns
- Drive operating efficiency & compliance with internal partners for marketing principles like effective briefings, creative reviews, and brand consistency
- Partner with Product Marketing Team to develop clear, concise go-to-market plans for product launches and drive adoption of new products and enhancements
- 8+ year’s experience in building and managing marketing programs with deep expertise in strategy, marketing, research/insights, operations, and analytics; brand management, product marketing, tech or consulting firm experience desired.
- Ability to problem solve through the use of frameworks, analysis, and cross functional influence
- Ability to manage ambiguity and guide cross-functional teams to deliver on a superior customer experience
- Track record in leading impactful, breakthrough marketing initiatives that exceed business objectives
- Experience unifying team members across large programs and multi-channel campaigns
- Reliable change agent. Ability to drive change via setting priorities, motivating partners and executing on commitments.
- Masterful at translating consumer insights to meaningful audience, messaging & creative strategy
- A proven strategist with engaging skills in verbal, written, and visual communications.
- Strong, demonstrated leadership capabilities and upward management with strong executive presence
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or related field and 3 years' experience in marketing or related field OR 7 years'
experience in marketing or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Leading cross-functional projects, Marketing or related field, Supervisory experienceMasters: Business Administration
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents