Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Technician I, Hvac/R Facilities Maintenance
- Location AUGUSTA, GA
- Career Area Installation, Maintenance and Utilities
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Hourly
- Requisition WD291967
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
- Assists HVAC-RTechnician III by gathering capital expenditures lists; developing scopes of work to update heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration (HVAC/R) or energy management systems (for example, rooftop unit (RTU), condenser coil replacements); and identifying other issues related to regular service.
- Completes work assignments and priorities in heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration (HVAC/R) Service by using policies, data, and resources; collaborating with Managers, co-workers, customers, and other business partners; identifying priorities, deadlines, and expectations; carrying out tasks; communicating progress and information; determining and recommending ways to address improvement opportunities; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
- Complies with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) regulations and guidelines by performing work according to practices and procedures outlined in the Walmart heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration (HVAC/R) safety policy and environmental guidelines.
- Controls company costs by conducting price comparisons of refrigerant, parts, and travel related costs; and submitting warranty claims.
- Provides required paperwork by completing forms (for example, expense vouchers, weekly summaries, refrigerant logs, work orders); and submitting to senior leadership.
- Performs major and minor preventive maintenance and repairs on heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration (HVAC/R) and Emergency management Systems (EMS), and direct digital control (DDC) equipment by replacing electrical motor or contactors; changing and adjusting belts; and installing compressors.
- Ensures service and operation of company property by inspecting equipment (for example, tools, vehicles); troubleshooting and diagnosing problems; performing minor repairs; and scheduling major repairs and maintenance. Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales. Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities. Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Vocational or Technical Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration (HVAC/R) certification and 6 months experience in mechanical maintenance or construction-related field for commercial HVAC/R and building controls OR 2 years experience in mechanical maintenance or construction-related field for commercial HVAC/R and building controls or related field. Type I/Type II Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Certification for Refrigerant handling.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth