Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Director, Business Analysis and Insights
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Data Analytics and Business Intelligence
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD291139
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Scope: This role will be the overall reporting lead for management/business reporting needs across enterprise.
Major responsibilities include;
Ensure strategic alignment with the business stakeholders; Build/refine reporting COE strategy in-line with enterprise needs, Lead a team of reporting pod leaders, report generators (factory) and data engineers to drive daily, weekly, quarterly & month-end report generation process.
Ensure quality checks are in place and automation is enabled to support reporting Lifecyle (i.e. data validation, push/pull, notification etc.), Manage intake and capacity for reporting team, Manage reporting timelines, centralization strategy to ensure consistency.
Ensure standards, controls and reporting definitions are maintained and leveraged consistently.
- Work closely with business stakeholders across enterprise (segments/functions) and partner teams (MDM, Product, Data etc.) to understand & deliver on their specific reporting needs
- Creates & manages reporting intake pipeline in line with the enterprise-wide centralization strategy
- Analyzes business problems & processes in line with the environmental drivers to outline/refine solutions supporting enterprise reporting needs
- Partners with the business stakeholders on insights/analytics driven outcomes
- Work with regional service leads and market teams to ensure local reporting needs are met through the standard and adhoc reporting capabilities within COE
- Lead a team of reporting pod leaders, report generators (factory) and data engineers to drive daily, weekly, quarterly & month-end report generation process (standard & ad-hoc)
- Manages current state operations and capacity needs for the repotting team
- Ensure standards, controls and reporting definitions are maintained and leveraged consistently
- Ensure quality checks are in place and automation is enabled to support reporting Lifecyle (i.e. data validation, push/pull, notification etc.)
- Participate in recruitment process to identify the right talent for various reporting COE roles
- Establish individual performance expectations based on the data elements assigned/ area of responsibility.
- Identify and create development opportunities for team members to enhance functional & technical knowledge
- Be a mentor to the team members and develop an atmosphere of trust and openness
- 15 years with at least 10 years in financial planning, analysis, reporting & analytics
- Experience in working with/for shared services teams globally
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications Bachelor’s degree in Business, Analytics, Statistics, or related field and 5 years’ experience in data analytics, project management, business, or related area OR 7 years’ experience in data analytics, project management, business, or related area. 3 years’ experience using intermediate functionality of Microsoft Office. 4 years’ supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Consulting, Working on cross-functional teams or projectsMasters: BusinessProject Management - Project Management Professional - Certification, Six Sigma - Certification
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
"At Walmart, you have the support you need at any given moment no matter the circumstance."
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth