Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Assistant Manager, Quality Control, Grocery Merchandising - WM Merchandising
- Location POTTSVILLE, PA
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD285641
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
- Ensures quality of grocery items by inspecting and monitoring quality of inbound and in-house products; ensuring that products are in compliance with Walmart, Sam's Club, United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), and food safety standards; and determining disposition of those products.
- Communicates information on product quality by informing Replenishment and suppliers of inbound and in-house product quality; determining and communicating inbound product rejections to suppliers, Replenishment, and other Walmart business units (for example, Transportation, Global Procurement team, Accounting); and completing correspondence reports (for example, sell-by dates, aged inventory issues) on fresh produce, floral, and meat for appropriate departments as well as commodity suppliers.
- Executes cold chain compliance within the distribution center to ensure products are kept at proper temperature by monitoring cold chain compliance; identifying issues of noncompliance; and informing distribution center of necessary actions to resolve compliance issues.
- Executes Walmart's fruit ripening program by managing the conditioning and ripening for bananas, avocados, and pears; forecasting demand to meet target arrival color and ripeness; ordering and scheduling delivery of in-bound trucks transporting bananas, avocados, and pears; and educating distribution center and store associates on proper handling procedures.
- Executes Seafood Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) plan by maintaining required documents and records (for example, thermometer calibration and receiving logs); verifying critical control points (for example, inbound, outbound, and storage temperatures) related to food safety are maintained and in compliance with HACCP plan; and communicating with Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Inspectors.
- Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments by developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders; supporting plans and initiatives to meet customer and business needs; identifying and communicating goals and objectives; building accountability for and measuring progress in achieving results; identifying and addressing improvement opportunities; and demonstrating adaptability and promoting continuous learning.
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by hiring and training; mentoring; assigning duties; providing recognition; and ensuring diversity awareness. Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by implementing related action plans; utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy; and providing direction and guidance on applying these in executing business processes and practices.
- Demonstrates a willingness to learn in depth varying programs; to include but not limited to Excel, Outlook, Tableau, PowerPoint and Power BI, as this business is technology driven.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Agronomy, Food Science, or related field OR 2 years experience in agricultural quality control, agronomy, food retail management, or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Agriculture, Agronomy, Food Service, Microsoft Office, Quality Assurance (QA), Retail Management
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth