Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Assistant Manager, Quality - Mankato, MN
- Location MANKATO, MN
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD283545
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
- Communicates information on product quality by informing Replenishment and suppliers of inbound and in-house product quality; determining and communicating inbound product rejections to suppliers, Replenishment, and other Walmart business units (for example, Transportation, Global Procurement team, Accounting); and completing correspondence reports (for example, sell-by dates, aged inventory issues) on fresh produce, floral, and meat for appropriate departments as well as commodity suppliers.
- Executes cold chain compliance within the distribution center to ensure products are kept at proper temperature; identifying issues of noncompliance; and informing distribution center of actions to resolve compliance issues.
- Executes Walmart's fruit ripening program by managing the conditioning and ripening for bananas, avocados, and pears; forecasting demand to meet target arrival color and ripeness; ordering and scheduling delivery of in-bound trucks transporting bananas, avocados, and pears; and educating distribution center and store associates on handling procedures.
- Handles quality, freshness, and safety of grocery products in a distribution center by implementing and monitoring quality control policies and procedures; teaching quality inspection practices to provide consistency of execution; calibrating inspection methodology with different authorities; and communicating acceptance and rejection performance to suppliers.
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Food Science, or related field OR 2 years' experience in agricultural quality control, agronomy, food retail management, or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Microsoft Office
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth