Technical Designer I, Children's Apparel
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Marketing and Customer Insights
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD283148
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
- Ensures timely sample and comment turn-around times, and adherence to deadlines ; and escalating issues regarding timing, quality, and supplier performance to technical design team as needed.
- Manages creation of style intent for designated category products by collaborating with cross-functional teams to translate style concepts into specification packages and guide production standards; creating sketches, style details, construction, and measurements; providing guidance to business partners on design intent, fit, and construction standards to support product safety, compliance , and value pricing; and attending milestone meetings to communicate style changes to suppliers and cross-functional stakeholders .
- Evaluates in-store production quality by performing in-store product reviews; determining whether products meet approved specifications and quality standards ; developing and distributing reports of findings to management and cross-functional partners .
- Processes fit iterations to determine if samples meet company needs and production-ready standards by preparing samples; conducting fit sessions with business partners to gain alignment on aesthetic direction and achieve proper fit; communicating fit comments to the supply chain via multiple media to prepare garments for approval.
- Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments by developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders; supporting plans and initiatives to meet customer and business needs; identifying and communicating goals and objectives; building accountability for and measuring progress in achieving results; identifying and addressing improvement opportunities; and demonstrating adaptability and promoting continuous learning.
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by hiring and training; mentoring; assigning duties; providing recognition; and ensuring diversity awareness. Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by implementing related action plans; utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy; and providing direction and guidance on applying these in executing business processes and practices.
- Flex PLM
- 3D Apparel Software ie.3D Browzwear
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Textiles , Design, or related field and 1 years’ experience in technical design, product development, or related area OR 3 years’ experience in technical design, product development, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Apparel Manufacturing, Product DevelopmentMasters, Masters: Design
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents