Design Director, Omni Merchandising - (Director, User Experience - WEC)
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Marketing and Customer Insights
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD279917
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Design Director, Omni Merchandising
About the Team
Our team builds products to enhance the lives of millions of Americans. We create richly compelling digital experiences for customers – whether they are at home, in our stores, or on the go. We build the tools our Home Office Merchants need to select the very best products to help our customers live better. We also make the services and systems our 1.2 million employees need to do their jobs in our stores and throughout our entire supply chain.
The Design Director, Omni Merchandising plays a critical strategic role across all of these areas by creating the vision, designing, and launching all our Merchant tools. This work is a blend of art and science – mixing smart nudges with rich visualizations and excellent UX so that each of our Merchants can make the best decisions about their portfolios. These Merchant tools directly impact our customer’s experience because it shapes the assortment we offer our customers – whether its everyday essentials, exclusive bands, or regional favorites. The Design Director, Omni Merchandising will get to deliver human-centred solutions for the core activity that makes Walmart the Fortune #1 company in the world. By innovating on the world’s biggest stage, you will have the chance to shape the future of retail and beyond. If you are motivated by complex, purposeful challenges, being Design Director, Omni Merchandising at Walmart could be the fit you’ve been looking for.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if you have...
- A strong strategic mindset and a systems thinking approach.
- An understanding of retail and background creating enterprise tools.
- Excellent visual and interaction design skills and a keen understanding of trends in the marketplace – in and out of retail.
- Ability to communicate concepts in a clear and compelling way to audiences of all levels of understanding and levels of seniority.
- Track record of deploying digital tools and services in a fast-moving and changing environment – one that celebrates experimentation, iteration, and shipping.
- Experience leading product design process and building strong cross-functional partnerships.
- Ability to produce great work in short timeframes, multitask across different projects and platforms and adapt to the ever-changing priorities of the business.
- Deep experience with business requirement gathering, end-to-journey mapping, facilitating sessions like Design Sprints, conducting competitive analysis, and leading rapid concepting and prototyping.
- Champion of a design philosophy that is inclusive of all people.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Leading the Omni Merchandising Product Design team in a way that nurtures the unique strengths of each member of the team and brings them together in a way that has multipling effect.
- Facilitating creative problem-solving across cross-functional partners to drive best-in-class thinking from all parts of the organization and seamlessly integrating competitive organizational goals.
- Driving and holding others accountable to create experiences that celebrate and empower our end-users.
- Proactively soliciting, leveraging, and sharing design research, competitive research, data, and analytics to create full-featured and strategic products.
- Fostering a maker mindset so teams can iterate and experiment collaboratively in order to challenge the status quo, drive new thinking, and improve processes for creating future-forward product experiences.
- Thinking holistically so that we build true end-to-end experiences.
- Switching gears from deep design thinking to rapid-fire execution.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, Fine Arts, or related field and 5 years’ experience in design or related field OR 7 years’ experience in design or related field. 1 years’ supervisory experience.
Perks and Benefits
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents