Senior Manager II, Specialty Compliance And Ethics Ap (EHS- Supply Chain)
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Legal, Compliance and Ethics
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD278677
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Are you an Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) professional looking for an opportunity of a lifetime? Ready to leave your “safety mark” at the world’s largest retailer? We would love to hear from you.
At Walmart, we have always believed that our Associates’ life and health are pricelessly valuable. Walmart’s Supply Chain is in the process of a transforming our Environmental, Health and Safety program, and we are building our organization to ensure we reach our goal of a Zero Injury workplace. We are looking for individuals who:
- Are very passionate about safety!
- Have the experience and skillset to identify and reduce workplace hazards.
- Will ensure regulatory compliance to EHS standards.
- Model and build the principles, mindsets and behaviors that support our vision to make Walmart’s Supply Chain a competitive advantage, while ensuring our associates’ are able to return home to their loved ones safely each day.
As a Divisional Senior Manager II, EHS, you will be responsible for managing a team of approximately 10-12 facility EHS Managers in an assigned area. You will use your EHS subject matter expertise, leadership skills and project management experience to drive continual improvement within the EHS function in your Division. You will quickly identify top talent and engage, enable and empower them to identify their facility’s top losses and risks and implement changes to mitigate them.
As the Divisional leader you must continually evaluate and build your division’s team, providing coaching and direction, as necessary, to ensure key objectives are met. As a Divisional Senior Manager II, EHS, you understand that EHS is a support function that assists and enables our customer, Supply Chain Operations, to carry out safe operations on a day-to-day basis. You will work closely with your Divisional Vice President, Operations, to understand your division’s needs and deliver impactful plans, programs, projects, processes to ensure operations can meet their EHS goals.
Our ideal candidate has:
- EHS Compliance and regulatory expertise. You have strong knowledge of OSHA, EPA and other industry EHS standards and can interpret how these standards relate to specific business situations. You have demonstrated the ability to professionally interact with regulatory officials. You recognize that regulatory compliance non-negotiable and have demonstrated the ability to properly maintain regulatory compliance within your role’s responsibility.
- Incident investigation and prevention process experience. You have demonstrated ability to uncover true root causes of incidents through a prescribed Incident Investigation and Root Cause Analysis process such as Why-Why, 5Y, or other similar methodology. You have used DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control) or other continuous improvement process to implement corrective and preventive actions and quantified these improvements through Hazard Risk Assessments.
- EHS scientific and technical knowledge and/or experience (i.e. ergonomics, industrial hygiene, machine safeguarding, etc.). You have employed your technical knowledge to identify and address workplace risks. You stay current on state-of-the-art EHS technologies and methodologies through established relationships with key vendors, industry professional organizations, etc. You find functional safety solutions that enable optimal operational efficiency.
- Risk assessment and mitigation strategies and execution (demonstrated project management) to include site security risks. You have practice using various industry accepted qualitative and qualitative EHS risk assessment methods such as Job Hazard Analysis, Job Safety Analysis, Ergonomic Assessments, Job Demand Analysis, FMEA, Hazard Risk Assessment, etc. You have demonstrated the ability to identify and execute risk mitigation strategies using cross-functional project teams. You have experience managing site security risks and understand and have implemented key strategies to prevent security and loss related incidents.
- Ability to manage teams; influence and communicate effectively with key stakeholders. You realize you are only as strong as your team. You effectively manage team performance and continuously push your team to improve and grow. As the leader of an operational support function you recognize the importance of and have demonstrated your ability to effectively communicate and influence your key stakeholders. You must be able to effectively form and communicate strong business cases to support EHS initiatives to garner support. You must be comfortable having courageous conversations when necessary to ensure that the safety mission is realized.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field and 4 years’ experience in compliance, ethics, legal, project management, or related area OR 6 years’ experience in compliance, ethics, legal, project management, or related area. 2 years’ supervisory experience. 3 years’ experience using intermediate functionality of Microsoft Office.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Masters: Business AdministrationProject Management - Project Management Professional - Certification
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents