Merchant - Automotive Interior Parts & Accessories (D10 | Hardlines)
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Merchandising and Online Operations
- Job Function Merchandising and Online Operations
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD277052
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
- Category Strategy: Owns category strategy, develops plans for a moderately complex category, and supports the long-term business unit plan. Oversees pricing and promotion strategy. Executes prioritized strategic initiatives . Analyzes competition, customer behavior, industry trends, and the macro environment.
- Channel Strategy: Owns decisions around the channel strategy for a moderately complex category. Makes recommendations and drives channel alignment. Collaborates with supply chain as needed. Makes decisions.
- Financial Management: Owns the profit-and-loss (P&L) management for a moderately complex category. Analyzes daily business . Identifies execution of levers needed to meet financial targets. Determines Open to Buy, Pricing Actions, and inventory-related decisions which influence category P&L.
- Supplier Negotiations: Supports the identification of negotiation levers, gives, and takes. Drives price leadership and profitability. Defines negotiation cadence. Suggests information for dossiers . Advises on response and escalation paths. Conducts supplier negotiations and recommending guardrails. Owns decisions on suppliers and supplier execution, communication, and support. Makes decisions on terms and conditions. Decides performance-tracking metrics. Identifies negotiation training for direct reports.
- Shopper/Customer Experience: Owns decision on filtration rules for search results and search queries for moderately complex, category-level search terms. Develops attribution strategy for search engine optimization. Recommends taxonomy. Owns product showing physical how we show product; fixture type, sample, online pick up/delivery.
- Omni Channel Customer Focus: Makes customer-centric recommendations and decisions across all customer touchpoints. Constantly incorporates applicable and actionable customer feedback. Understands customer behavior across channels, or within relevant channels . Guides suppliers and vendors in the development of customer-focused processes and products.
- Team Management: Manages selection, performance, development, and terminations for assigned team and drives engagement. Manages daily and weekly key priorities and tasks to be completed by direct reports or cross-functional team. Provides career guidance. Supports and ensures compliance with company guidelines on diversity and inclusivity.
- Budgeting & Forecasting: Supports budget creation for a moderately complex category. Develops the financial forecast and financial plan and determines inventory purchase amounts. Partners with merchandising business analysts/planners to support the creation and execution of financial objectives.
- Category Administration: Supports the resolution of strategic supplier issues and serves as the key contact for suppliers throughout item lifecycle. Supports activity planning, facilitates store communications and merchandise sets for corporate events, and provides other merchant support. Supports processing for imports and manages other supply chain nuances . Decides items for creation post modular walk or line review . Supports the management of funds coming from trade funds.
- Features and Promos: Supports and executes strategy decisions for monthly features for a moderately complex category across store and online channels. Recommends and supports Merchandising Operations in the execution of approved features.
- Item Setup & Maintenance: Supports item cross-referencing as needed decisions, item traits. . Decides pack type and shipping channels. Supports content and imagery processes for a moderately complex category.
- Modular & Assortment: Decides modular layout principles for a category along with the modular team. Guides space allocation within category for modular relay. Implements assortment strategy through modular work. Supports walkthrough execution and post-walkthrough adjustments. Defines the Modular Store Clusters/Traits. Helps determine finalized mods. Strategically reviews and approves all modular drawings and cutdowns. Successfully uses and implements digital data to influence modulars. Supports company objectives and delivering against Key Performance Indicators in the execution of modulars.
- Data and Digital Acumen: Leverages data analysis tools to explore moderately complex data. Develops and tests hypotheses. Builds and presents insights. Uses visualization tools to represent data and construct coherent stories to influence decisions. Identifies, implements, and drives technology change within scope of work. Successfully uses data to influence strategic work.
- Pricing: Owns pricing decisions across items. Manages COOPs agreements. Recommends competitors for category price match and items to be linked to apply EDLP principles. Supports markdown.
- Private Brands & Product Development: Supports private brand strategy for a moderately complex category. Cascades strategy approved by department lead. Supports assortment decisions, identifies gaps and opportunities, and makes brand decisions for specific items. Agrees to product guidelines, recommends mod guidelines, decides distribution points, and advises the packaging team.
- Replenishment: Supports decision-making based on On-Time In-Full and DSD receiving performance as needed. Advises and executes fines and penalties . Supports planning objectives. Helps determine pack size, channel decisions, and alignment for items as needed. Guides on channel ratio of import/domestic units and feature set quantity. Supports optimal pack size, and freight terms decisions.
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness.
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.
- Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor’s degree in business, retail or related field and 3 years’ experience in business, retail or related field OR 5 years of experience in business, retail or related field
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.SupervisoryMasters: Business, Masters: Merchandising
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
"I have switched careers twice within Walmart and each time my leadership supported me in learning an entirely different business. "
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents