Senior Data Scientist - eComm
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Data Science and Analytics
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD271875
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Manage and execute entire projects from start to finish including cross-functional project management, data gathering and manipulation, analysis and modeling, and communication of insights and recommendations.
Demonstrate a high degree of originality and creativity when developing solutions to improve existing business processes within supply chain utilizing methods such as statistical analysis, regression modeling and optimization.
Work independently to manage multiple projects at once while ensuring deadlines are met and data output is accurate and appropriate for the business. Must also be able to deal with ambiguity and make independent decisions about what data and approach is best for the task at hand.
Build scalable and complex supply chain models and processes to optimize supply chain strategies with goals to deliver excellent customer experience while balancing operating cost and asset efficiency.
Identify areas of opportunity and drive results partnering with cross functional partners
Develop relationships with Wal-Mart functional areas in San Bruno, CA, as well as in Bentonville, AR, to identify best practices, solicit input/data, coordinate inter-disciplinary initiatives and to gather support for recommendations
Potential projects can include:
Create models to analyze the supply chain network need to support future sales growth with scenario modeling capabilities to understand the sensitivity to multiple variables; provide insight to Logistics executives on opening, closing, or repurposing DCs; analyze impact to multiple networks simultaneously; and create scenario analyses extending beyond the five-year modeling horizon
Develop optimization logic and tool to determine truckload lane strategy for outbound transportation balancing cost and SLA requirements
Develop logic and tool to determine optimal share of volume to process in various customer buying channels in the company balancing inventory availability, capacity, cost, and service level requirements
- PhD/Masters in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Operations Management or Supply Chain Management
- 4+ years of post-graduate work experience, including demonstrated success in leading business analysis projects to achieve business-impacting results
- Extensive experience in one or more supply chain domains and related information systems – distribution/transportation, sourcing, planning, manufacturing and inventory management
- Experience with large data set mining tools and open-source programming tools, (e.g., R, Python, HiveQL, Spark)
- Experience with network modeling tools and network optimization techniques - long range planning is a plus
- Experience with statistical analysis, regression modeling, data mining, financial analysis, and optimization
- Expert in MS-Excel and SQL
- Competent in MS-PowerPoint and comfortable building presentation materials to tell a clear story
- Ability to foster successful partnerships within cross-functional teams
- Effective communication skills at multiple levels of the organization, including senior management - ability to communicate complex concepts in easy-to-understand terminology
- Ability to champion ideas and influence the organization with fact-driven recommendations
- Strong follow-through skills and acute attention to detail
- Lean Sigma expertise
- PMP (Project Management) certification
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor of Science and 5 years' data science experience OR Master of Science and 2 years' data science experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
About Sam's Club
Sam's Club employs about 110,000 associates in the U.S. The average club is 134,000 square feet and offers bulk groceries and general merchandise. Most clubs also have specialty services, such as a pharmacy, an optical department, a photo center, or a tire and battery center.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Free Membership and discounts in fresh produce
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education Assistance from Live Better U - earn your degree for just $1 a day