Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Director, Specialty Compliance And Ethics (Automation and Robotics Projects)
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Legal, Compliance and Ethics
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD262976
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
What you'll do:
- This position will provide support to US based automation and robotics projects (including Automatic Guided Vehicles and collaborative robots) in Supply Chain, Fulfillment Centers, Stores, and Clubs. The preferred background of the candidate will be in Industrial Safety and/or Engineering with five years or more experience. The candidate should also have experience in performing machine hazard and risk assessments to identify all possible hazards and estimate the risk for each hazard. The candidate will then lead in the process of evaluating the risk and then developing and implementing risk reduction measures.
- Additionally, the candidate will have familiarity with OSHA requirements as well as related industry consensus standards from sources such as ANSI, ASME, and ISO etc.
- Directs the consistency of compliance and ethics in area of responsibility by responding to compliance questions and issues ; monitoring laws and regulations for specified area; directing research on laws, regulations, policies, and procedures ; drafting and updating policies and standard operating procedures with input from leadership; communicating information to associates; monitoring compliance and ethics questions for potential gaps; and recommending and developing strategies for identified compliance and ethics gaps.
- Analyzing necessary data; creating reports on findings; communicating findings to senior leadership; and completing follow up with field and home office based on findings in reports.
- Manages the development, execution, and maintenance of legislation assessment strategy by reviewing research on relevant proposed legislation; determining implications of legislation on business area; developing plans to adapt to proposed legislation; managing the classification and prioritization of relevant legislation; leading the development and management of a data management program to catalog all legislation and administrative rulemaking to identify predictive trends; developing long-term national and global regulatory forecasts; and managing gap analysis studies to identify and react to future regulatory obligations.
- Manages research on high-impact proposed regulatory issues to serve as a subject matter expert to the business; managing third-party research and development studies on proposed policy and relevant provisions; identifying internal and external stakeholders likely to be impacted by proposed policies or provisions ; researching global regulatory trends; leading impact assessments of proposed policies or provisions; and evaluating research and predictive trends to provide recommendations to leadership.
- Develops recommendations for corporate positions on various overarching issues by reconciling research into refined message for review; managing the analysis, reconciliation, and summary of background research; formalizing statements in response to issues and concerns; and presenting impact analyses to leadership.
Nice to haves/Preferred Qualifications...
Certified Safety Professional
Masters: Business Administration
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field and 5 years’ experience in compliance, ethics, legal, project management, or related area OR 7 years’ experience in compliance, ethics, legal, project management, or related area. 3 years’ supervisory experience. 4 years’ experience using intermediate functionality of Microsoft Office.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.CommunicationsMasters: Business AdministrationProject Management - Project Management Professional - Certification
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth