Senior Manager I, Product Management (CA)
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Product Management - Technology
- Job Function Product Management - Technology
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD260883
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Senior Product Manager (Search)
This is a place where personal and professional growth happens. A place where tech-forward careers don’t equate to fast burnout or self-serving advancement. As a Senior Product Manager (Search), you’ll work as a team, grow as a team, leveraging your natural curiosity and inventive problem-solving talents to anticipate the needs of our customers before they walk in the door. In turn, we give you access to the tools and support you need to be the best version of you. This is that place. This is Walmart.
As the newest member of the Search Product Management team, you can expect to turn a large business challenge into a solution to create novel products.
You’ll be pioneering technologies that reinvent the customer and associate experience, new ways of working, and new ways of shopping such as shelf-scanning robots, autonomous driving delivery vehicles, the Walmart mobile app, online grocery experience, Pickup towers, Delivery Unlimited, to apps that fill a shopping cart.
A natural leader, you will act as the leader of a cross-functional team consisting of Product, Business Strategy, Tech, UX, Engineering, and Data Scientists to solve these monumental problems on a global scale. At the end of the day, you’ll be making an impact on the over 275 million customers we serve every single week across 11,000 stores in 27 countries.
As the biggest player in the game, we trust our associates to innovate the future of shopping. If you are motivated by complex, purposeful challenges, a Senior Product Manager (search) role at Walmart could be the fit you’ve been looking for. This is that place.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
- You’re able to use metrics to improve performance
- You’re excited about solving complex challenges
- You’re customer-centric in spirit and in execution
- You’re comfortable influencing others, leading teams, managing stakeholders, and communicating clearly
- You have a test and learn mentality and an agile way of working to improve your product
You’ll make an impact by:
- Developing and enhancing products – you will manage product roadmaps, align business and technical needs, analyze customer and product data, turn customer insights into actionable initiatives, determine rollout strategy, and manage risks
- Defining vision and strategies for your product family, using domain expertise, internal and external best practices, identifying market opportunities, building business cases, and approving objectives
- Crafting and developing solutions to large business challenges – communicate business and customer needs to key partners to implement products and timelines
- Driving business plans and projects by identifying the customer and operational needs of the product
- Building a team environment by selecting, training, and mentoring
- Evaluating the effectiveness of your products and initiatives to improve efficiency and cost-effectiveness with participating stakeholders
What’s the role
The Search Senior Product Manager is responsible for the search and browse pages that drives a large part of Sam’s Club business. The product manager is tasked with creating world-class user experiences that shoppers love. The role strives to build an experience that enables users to easily explore, find, and buy what they want at the best value through an engaging and frictionless Search and browse experience, helping them make purchase decisions
Primary Job responsibilities
We are seeking a Senior Product Manager (Search), who is passionate about online commerce, machine learning and customer experience, to join the digital commerce team. The person will primarily be responsible for driving the product strategy and execution of a growth stage Search product, which will drive a significant impact to the business.
- The candidate must be a strategic thinker and able to synthesize data from multiple sources (including analytics, user research, marketing research, and design) to identify key customer unmet needs and solutions that can address the needs.
- The candidate must be data-driven and analytical to draw insights from current product performance to deliver on key user metrics.
- The candidate will need to work with a large number of teams within Walmart to make the vision of the product successful, so building close, effective relationships with partner Product Managers will be critical.
- In addition, this person will translate product strategy into detailed specifications, make functional and user interface design tradeoffs, manage product launches and own the product successes post-launch. Having the experience and ability to write clear, consistent and detailed product specs will be essential.
- He or she will work closely with a cross-functional team of engineering, design, analytics, product marketing, and user research to deliver these products
Crafts and develops solutions to business challenges by communicating requirements to key partners (for example, Business leaders, User Experience, Engineering, Analytics); and engaging with key partners to deliver and support initiatives; and communicating status and insights related to product performance. Develops and enhances highly complex products by developing and managing product roadmaps; gathering and documenting requirements; collecting and analyzing customer and product data; turning customer insights into actionable priorities and initiatives; prioritizing product backlog; executing on user and business acceptance criteria; and managing roll out of product features. Defines and manages strategy and business objectives for highly complex products by identifying market opportunities, conducting benchmark studies and competitive assessments; developing business cases; and setting objectives and key performance indicators for products. Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning. Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness. Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy. Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering, Communications, or related field and 2 years’ experience in product management, or related field OR 5 years’ experience in product management, or related fields.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Consulting and advising business partners utilizing detailed analysis, Gathering, identifying, defining, and communicating requirements., Leading product or solution developmentMasters: Business Administration, Masters: Computer Science, Masters: Engineering General
About Sam's Club
Sam's Club employs about 110,000 associates in the U.S. The average club is 134,000 square feet and offers bulk groceries and general merchandise. Most clubs also have specialty services, such as a pharmacy, an optical department, a photo center, or a tire and battery center.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Free Membership and discounts in fresh produce
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education Assistance from Live Better U - earn your degree for just $1 a day