Senior Director II, Product Development – Home
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Merchandising and Online Operations
- Job Function Merchandising and Online Operations
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD234313
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
- Oversees the development of complex product specifications through the product life-cycle to ensure quality and customer needs are met by collaborating with and updating internal and external partners to determine product needs, drive initiatives, resolve issues, and ensure alignment; conducting industry benchmarking to identify product details, specifications, and trends; reviewing and managing broad sample assortments; creating product specifications; submitting color, product components, and aesthetics for approvals; providing reports through the development, approval, and production process; identifying potential issues during the product life-cycle; performing root cause analysis and communicating findings; recommending solutions to resolve issues; performing visual in-store review of items to identify variances; and evaluating products against specifications.
- Oversees the implementation of large, cross-functional and cross-organizational operational efficiency, customer experience, and communication strategic initiatives by influencing and collaborating with cross functional teams; gathering knowledge from relevant sources; analyzing the potential return on investment; developing assessments of key opportunities; documenting project scopes; developing long-range plans and project timelines; and providing updates and progress reports to senior leaders.
- Oversees communication with internal and external organizations on highly complex strategic initiatives by developing high-level project plans to achieve strategic goals; prioritizing and executing work streams within corporate strategies; integrating and prioritizing timelines, tasks, analysis, and team assignments; escalating business critical issues to senior management; and ensuring delivery of high level strategic initiatives.
- Sets department objectives and activities related to product strategies by overseeing research to gain insight into current and future customer needs; reviewing data to determine impact to the business; streamlining processes for product development and delivery; aggregating research information to provide business intelligence; benchmarking within the industry to identify trends and opportunities to grow profit and sales; and communicating protocols to United States teams and offshore sourcing teams and making recommendations to senior leaders on new or enhanced product offerings.
- Oversees the achievement of financial and cost reduction strategies and ensures financial performance for a high-complexity business unit by developing performance metrics for the business unit and each category based on overall strategic direction; directing the analysis of costs and business impact; identifying leverage opportunities to drive cost savings; providing guidance and innovative solutions to leadership on initiatives to minimize cost and maximize sales growth; ensuring category direction supports goals and will grow sales according to plan; reviewing sales and directing changes as necessary; negotiating with suppliers to ensure sustainable solutions for the future and drive down costs; and communicating updates and changes to senior leadership.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Design, or related field and 7 years’ experience in design, merchandising, marketing, or related area OR 9 years’ experience in design, merchandising, marketing, or related area. 3 years’ supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Financial Modeling and Analysis, Microsoft Office, Product Development, Programming Language - VBA, Project Management, Statistical Programming Language - Structured Query Language (SQL)Masters, Masters: ArtsProject Management - Project Management Professional - Certification, Six Sigma Black Belt - Certification, Six Sigma Green Belt - Certification
"I focus on continual improvement. Results don’t just come, they happen from hard work and having great teams helping you along the way."
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents