Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Director, Construction
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Real Estate, Construction and Realty Execution
- Job Function Construction Management
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1784358
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
What you will do…
- Overall responsibility for the design, construction, scope, schedule, and budget for entire industrial programs by managing a team of construction and design professionals, both internal and external, and leading teams to achieve company goals.
- Oversight of the program implementation, rollout, budgets, and total team progress.
- Responsibility for presenting to key leadership and partners while keeping stakeholders updated on progress.
- Observes trends across the program and brings awareness to the team providing insight, consistency and developing cross functional solutions where needed.
- Develops ways of working thru coordination with cross functional teams, securing leadership and support group buy-in, communicating and training for the team and other impacted groups.
- Lead program meetings involving all key stakeholders that are strategic to meeting overall goals.
- Seeks and implements opportunities within the program to develop or refine processes that optimize procedures, reduce time, while providing better consistency.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
- Demonstrate extensive experience in industrial and/or manufacturing development, design & construction, particularly with MHE, ASRS and other similar components.
- You can clearly articulate concepts and ideas along with a strong executive presence.
- You have a growth mindset and believe in constant improvement for yourself and your business.
- You are a self-starter, resourceful and able to work effectively with little direction
- You are a problem solver, proactive, and able to break down barriers
- You have a startup mentality: creative, able to work with ambiguity, and constantly iterating to be best-in-class
- You are great at prioritizing and coordinating action plans with cross-functional teams, but also comfortable with shifting priorities
- You have strong analytical and deductive reasoning skills coupled with strong communication skills to disseminate information clearly to all audiences of all backgrounds
- You have proven strengths in managing stakeholders and conflicting priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management, or related retail industrial development design fields and 5 years' experience in Commercial Real Estate or Warehouse site development, building design, and construction management OR 10 years’ experience in site development, building design, and construction management.
- 5 years’ experience in program and project management
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Demonstrated ability to lead large cross functional teams, both direct and indirect reports and peers, 5 years’ experience in industrial development either new construction or existing TI (tenant improvement) from either the site/building design, project management, or construction management perspective along with material handling equipment systems. Have managed and lead Remodels of Industrial facilities and retail / store properties.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum QualificationsBachelor's degree in Engineering, Architecture, or a related field and 5 years’ experience in construction management, construction administration, engineering, architecture, or a related area OR 7 years’ experience in construction management, construction administration, engineering, architecture, or a related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Construction and Real Estate management compliance
Primary Location...2608 Se J St, Bentonville, AR 72716-3724, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
"Something I enjoy about my job is knowing I can contribute to Realty’s ability to build, open and maintain our stores efficiently."
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth