Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior Manager, Design and Construction - DS
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Real Estate, Construction and Realty Execution
- Job Function Construction Management
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1783003
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
We are looking for someone with…
- 5-10 years’ experience in Construction Management.
- A strong background that includes managing and reviewing Construction Budgets and coordination with automation or material handling equipment vendors.
- Experience with industrial scale and/or size.
- The ability to drive execution of multiple complex projects by working with key stakeholders, including 3rd party contractors.
- A desire to travel, weekly national travel of 70% with 80% of the daily responsibilities in a construction environment.
- A leadership mindset that can influence others and is comfortable developing relationships both internally and externally.
- A desire to work in a dynamic, team-based work environment, and self-motivated to exceed expectations.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
- You have a growth mindset and believe in constant improvement for yourself and your business.
- You are a self-starter, resourceful and able to work effectively with little direction.
- You are a problem solver, proactive, and able to break down barriers.
- You have a startup mentality: creative, able to work with ambiguity, and constantly iterating to be best-in-class.
- You are great at prioritizing and coordinating action plans with cross-functional teams, but also comfortable with shifting priorities.
- You have strong analytical and deductive reasoning skills coupled with strong communication skills to disseminate information clearly to all audiences of all backgrounds.
- You have proven strengths in managing stakeholders and conflicting priorities.
You’ll make an impact by…
- Ensuring construction budgets are met by advising and reviewing pre-construction budgets; reviewing and tracking monthly and quarterly budget reports; working with contractors and estimating department to resolve claims; reviewing and approving contractor payments, change orders, and invoices; and managing project scope and contingency.
- Monitoring and enforcing compliance with laws and regulations for construction projects by establishing, communicating, and monitoring standards of performance for contractors and suspending noncompliant work; collaborating with cross-functional teams to provide feedback and identify and implement design changes to comply with compliance obligations; resolving noncompliance ; maintaining certifications ; enforcing standards with regulations and company programs ; and providing guidance to team members in the application of new or changing initiatives.
- Managing construction projects focused in the Grocery or Ambient Network of Walmart Supply chain; partner with project managers and general contractors to create/evaluate project schedules; coordinating efforts between internal and external business units; resolving conflicts ; serving as a company representative with municipalities and public officials to ensure compliance and delivery of high quality projects; and ensuring the quality and functionality of the project's construction following turnover to operations through the warranty period.
- Maintaining, communicating, and adjusting timelines and working with contractors to ensure project milestones are met; verifying material procurement and deliveries are synchronized with project schedules; visiting sites and monitoring contractor work and schedules to ensure construction quality is consistent with design specifications and timelines; and monitoring and ensuring resolution of outstanding construction issues and work to be corrected or completed.
- Focusing on continued education to increase technical skills and individual development; utilizing available resources to help manage a project; acting independently when complexity of a project is increased; acting independently when the financial impact to a project is increased; establishing and communicating project risk levels and anticipating risk factors; training and directing general contractors for improved delivery of construction projects; and effectively modeling Walmart culture and building internal and external relationships through effective communication and dispute resolution.
- Driving the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
- Providing supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness.
- Promoting and supporting company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.
- Ensuring business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost-effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Architecture, or a related field and 3 years’ experience in construction management, construction administration, engineering, architecture, or a related area OR 5 years’ experience in construction management, construction administration, engineering, architecture, or a related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Primary Location...2608 Se J St, Bentonville, AR 72716-3724, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
"You have to think of how to save the company money, save the store money, save the customer money—and one impacts the others."
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth