Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Member Assist Cart Attendant
- Location MOUNT PLEASANT, MI
- Career Area Customer Service and Call Center
- Job Function Customer Service and Call Center
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Hourly
- Requisition WD176576
What you'll do at
Position Summary...We are looking for people who take pride in their work to join our team. You help shape our member’s entire shopping experience by giving them a positive first and last impression.
In the member assist – cart attendant role, you are responsible for ensuring members see a well-kept parking lot which includes helping members with their purchases, and ensure there are carts ready and available. You will also assist our members with their club pick up orders, helping them load their vehicles, and support creating a great member experience. This means you are constantly on your feet and on the go. Rain or shine, sleet or snow, our members count on you.
You will sweep us off our feet if:
• You thrive in fast-paced environments
• You’re a multi-tasker at heart
• You keep member satisfaction as your top priority
• You can stand for long periods of time while assisting members quickly and accurately
• You’re a problem solver who tackles obstacles head-on to ensure each task is completed with excellence
You will make an impact by:
• Maintaining a positive attitude by smiling, greeting and thanking members
• Providing exceptional customer service to members across the club as needed, answering any questions they may have
• Maintaining a clean, neat, and member-ready area
The member assistant – cart attendant is a great way to start a fulfilling career at Sam’s Club. Apply now!
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full job description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
What you'll do...
Ensures club pick up orders are filled by contacting members to notify when pickup time is delayed; informing members when products are unavailable (for example, out of stock); offering members alternative product options when needed; ensuring products are selected and packaged according to company policies and procedures; ensuring items are dispensed when members arrive for pickup; resolving member issues and concerns; and promoting the company's products and services.
Maintains safety of facility according to company policies and procedures by conducting safety sweeps; following procedures for handling merchandise; and correcting and reporting unsafe situations to facility management.
Provides member service by acknowledging the member and identifying member needs; assisting members with purchasing decisions; processing member purchases; assisting with payments according to company policies and procedures for different membership and payment types; utilizing cash registers to assist members with transactions; locating and organizing merchandise; zoning the designated areas; resolving member issues and concerns; promoting the company's products and services; organizing and maintaining availability of carts/flatbeds; assisting members with transporting items; utilizing cart retrieval equipment according to company policies and procedures; and maintaining parking lot cleanliness.
Complies with company policies, procedures, and standards of ethics and integrity by implementing related action plans; using the Open Door Policy; and applying these in executing business processes and practices.
Completes work assignments and priorities by using policies, data, and resources; collaborating with managers, co-workers, customers, and other business partners; identifying priorities, deadlines, and expectations; carrying out tasks; communicating progress and information; determining and recommending ways to address improvement opportunities; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Customer Service, Retail experience including operating cash register, Working with mobile retail applications
Primary Location...4850 ENCORE BLVD, MOUNT PLEASANT, MI 48858-6013, United States of America
About Sam's Club
Sam's Club employs about 110,000 associates in the U.S. The average club is 134,000 square feet and offers bulk groceries and general merchandise. Most clubs also have specialty services, such as a pharmacy, an optical department, a photo center, or a tire and battery center.
Sam's Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Free Membership and discounts in fresh produce
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Paid education assistance with college degrees through our Live Better U program
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid time off - to include vacation, sick leave and parental leave
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth