Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior Director, Learning and Development - Leadership Development
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Human Resources
- Job Function Learning & Development
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1762842
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Senior Director, Leadership Development
Sixty years ago, Sam Walton started a single mom-and-pop shop and transformed it into the world’s biggest retailer. Since those founding days, one thing has remained consistent: our commitment to helping our customers save money so they can live better. Today, we are reinventing the shopping experience and our Associates are at the heart of it. Our strategy is to make every day easier for busy families, operate with discipline, sharpen our culture, and make trust a competitive advantage. Each week, Walmart Inc. (NYSE: WMT) serves approximately 260 million customers who visit more than 10,500 stores and numerous eCommerce websites under 46 banners in 24 countries. With fiscal year 2023 revenue of $611.3 billion across our three segments: Walmart U.S., Walmart International and Sam’s Club, Walmart employs over 2.3 million associates worldwide.
This is a place where personal and professional growth happens. As Senior Director for Leadership Development, you will work as a team, grow as a team, leveraging your natural curiosity and inventive problem-solving talents to anticipate the needs of our Associates and customers. In turn, we give you access to the tools and support you need to be the best version of you. This is that place. This is Walmart.
Reporting to the Vice President of Talent Assessment and Development within the Associate Learning & Leadership (AL&L) CoE, , the Senior Director for Leadership Development will be accountable for developing and driving a multi-year, global enterprise-wide leadership development strategy that is aligned with our People and enterprise objectives. This leader will be tasked with transforming our global corporate leadership development programs and offerings, officer development support including executive coaching, , as well as leading the implementation of Walmart’s next-generation leadership competency model. This individual will collaborate closely with the Associate Learning & Leadership (AL&L) CoE to align the leadership development strategy with broader performance management, succession planning, and field learning strategies.
This position is based in Bentonville, Arkansas.
The Senior Director for Leadership Development is expected to:
- Be responsible and accountable for the global leadership development strategy across our business segments, delivering learning programs that help activate/deliver business strategies and ensure alignment with front-line learning strategies.
- Oversee delivery of leadership development programs and digital learning content for Campus associates.
- Own the transformation of our Leadership Development content to align leadership competencies with our Global People strategy and processes
- Develop and implement Walmart’s officer/executive coaching strategy to ensure continued officer learning and development.
- Partner with Insights & Analytics team to ensure effectiveness and return on investment of programs/initiatives in the portfolio
- Advise on leadership development programs as needs are identified, in partnership with subject-matter experts to progress business and talent objectives.
- Partner closely with business leaders, People Partners, Tech and Product, and partner teams on the Associate Learning & Leadership (AL&L) COE to operationalize learning strategies and make decisions regarding how to close leadership learning gaps.
The Senior Director for Leadership Development will possess:
- Ten to fifteen years of experience in a Leadership Development or Executive Development role, designing and delivering solutions for first-time leaders through executive levels, preferably within a complex, global environment.
- A proven track record of successfully working as a business partner with a senior management team, building trusting and effective relationships with leaders across the enterprise.
- A demonstrable commitment to advancing a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Experience managing and developing a team, implementing programs that attract and develop talent and organizational capabilities.
- Experience using advanced analytics and technology to shape and deliver effective learning strategies.
Our Best Leaders:
Live Our Values
- Culture Champion: Models the Walmart values to support and reinforce our culture; drives accountability; and serves as an ambassador for Walmart’s commitment to regeneration in communities, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics, and compliance.
- Servant Leadership: Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent
- Curiosity & Courage: Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; creates an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and models resilience in the face of setbacks.
- Digital Transformation & Change: Acts as a change agent to drive continuous improvements, guide the adoption of new technology, and support digital disruption in line with Walmart’s business model
Deliver for our Customers
- Customer Focus: Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans and initiatives.
- Strategic Thinking: Adopts a holistic, end-to-end perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and designing or executing strategies to capitalize on opportunities with global impact.
Focus on our Associates
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion: Serves as a talent scout who identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive talent; builds high-performing teams; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
- Collaboration & Influence: Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve business objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
- Talent Management: Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent; builds the talent pipeline; creates an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work; empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company; and regularly recognizes others’ contributions and accomplishments.
Walmart Inc. (NYSE: WMT) helps people around the world save money and live better – anytime and anywhere – providing the opportunity to shop in retail stores and through e-Commerce. Our strategy to make every day easier for busy families includes Walmart’s commitment to price leadership, which has been and will remain a cornerstone of our business, as well as increasing convenience to save customers’ time. By leading on price, Walmart earns the trust of their customers every day by providing a broad assortment of quality merchandise and services at everyday low prices (“EDLP”). EDLP is Walmart’s pricing philosophy so our customers trust that prices will not change under frequent promotional activity. Everyday low cost (“ELDC”) is Walmart’s commitment to control expenses so their cost savings can be passed along to their customers.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Adult Learning, or related field and 6 years’ experience in training development, project management, workforce development, or related area OR 8 years’ experience in training development, project management, workforce development, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Instructional Design, Supervising Associates, Working on cross-functional teams or projectsMasters: Human ResourcesProject Management - Project Management Professional - Certification, Six Sigma Black Belt - Certification, Six Sigma Green Belt - Certification
Primary Location...2403 Se J St, Bentonville, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
"Walmart supports their associates. They really are like your second family away from home."
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth